Job Number: 20-10331
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Wintel Engineer for our client in Bloomfield, CT. This is a remote position with travel involved.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Manages the design of server and application architectures and the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software.
- Develops baseline configurations and directs modification of configuration settings.
- Develops troubleshooting and incident response procedures.
- Troubleshoots system related problems.
- Recommends future direction or projects to management.
- This effort includes developing and maintaining a secure and certified architecture to support e-Government initiatives; minimize the security risks and enhance the protection of privacy and security of data.
- Assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed Windows systems.
- Installing or upgrading Windows systems and servers.
- Performed cross platform audits of Active Directory (AD) objects and user permissions.
- Managed User Accounts on Windows 2016 AD (Creation, Deletion, Permissions, and VPN Access).
- Manage organizational units in Active Directory (AD) and managed user security with group policies.
- Maintain and managed Domain Name Service (DNS) for Active Directory (AD) enterprise.
- Managed Group Policy Objects (GPOs) throughout the Active Directory (AD) enterprise.
- Provides Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
- Able to coordinate and partner with various team, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Has experience with, Virtualization, Windows, Storage and basic Network
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of systems engineering
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications.
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of systems engineering
- Proficient in Microsoft Infrastructure components: Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Active Directory, DNS, Client, DHCP, Group Policy, Exchange, IIS
- Experience with remote server administration using HPE iLO.
- VMware virtualization expertise is required to support both onsite and remote site activities
- Install, configure and manage VMware virtualization environment components (vSphere, vRA, vROPS, ESX, NSX)
- Excellent knowledge of Simplivity design, build and support
- Provide Operation and Sustainment support for the virtualization environment
- Ensure virtualization systems are compliant within required security standards
- Excellent knowledge of Trend Micro Anti virus with the ability to review logs and spot security trends
- Troubleshoot anti virus issues and manage exclusions
- Support diagnoses and troubleshooting of problems with the virtualization environment including Microsoft Windows
- Support off-hours maintenance activities
- Maintaining and administer Group Policy Objects in Microsoft Active Directory
- Support the Veeam backup environment to verify jobs are running and escalate to others as needed.
- Work support tickets within the que
- Excellent documentation skills using MS Visio
- Understanding of Azure cloud migrations and how workloads are shifted from on prem to Azure
If interested, you may contact:
Lea Enriquez | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.