Windows/Unix Systems Administrator
Windows/Unix Systems Administrator
Job Number: 19-10257
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Windows/Unix Systems Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Build, manage and monitor VMware virtualization environment, creating windows and Unix templates, and presenting network and storage resources.
- Build, patch, monitor and troubleshoot Windows and Unix Servers.
- Experience with clusters and shared clustered file systems, High Availability at server and application level.
- Manage and configure fibre channel and ISCSI Storage Arrays, and allocate and present new storage to VMware and Unix systems.
- Configure Fiber switches for use with Fiber attached servers and SANs.
- Manage and troubleshoot backup environment for Windows and Unix servers.
- Maintain backup infrastructure and perform day to day backup operations and backup / recovery exercises
- Familiarity with Unix editors, and ability to read shell scripts and write custom scripts to automate system management tasks.
- Work with corporate infrastructure groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues with network switches, routers and firewalls.
- Work with Corporate Active Directory group to maintain compliance to Corporate AD standards.
- Lead technical evaluations of contractor proposals for software, or hardware.
- Infrastructure and Systems administrator responsible for supporting multi-platform environments across multiple sites
- Windows and Unix server administration on GPO design, ACL, system security, automation and patch management
- Lead Sophos antivirus and Red hat Satellite deployment and administration
- Provide Netapp and EMC storage management, data backup and disaster recovery
- Support VMware environment with clustering, load balancing and high availability solutions
- Candidate will interface with Client's Application Development and Corporate Infrastructure groups
- Enterprise level infrastructure and system administrator with at least 7 years' experience in IT, with a primary focus on Windows server, Active Directory and VMware Installation and administration.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to plan, organize and run meetings and give presentations to all levels of management. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Ability to multitask and switch priorities as the business warrants.
- Candidate must be available to support 24x7x365 on a rotating basis and have valid driver's license
- The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
- Unix/Linux(Redhat) system administration.
- Netapp SAN Experience, NetBackup and Commvault Backup experience is a plus
- Project Management/Team Lead experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Homer Ballega | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.