Windows/Unix Server Admin
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Windows/Unix Server Admin for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Infrastructure and Systems administrator responsible for supporting multi-platform environments across many sites.
- Windows and Unix server administration on GPO design, ACL, system security, automation and patch management
- Lead Sophos antivirus and Red hat Satellite deployment and administration
- Provide Netapp and EMC storage management, data backup and disaster recovery
- Support VMware environment with HA clusters, Data store, VCenter, VUM and other VM services.
- Will interface with Client's Application Development and Corporate Infrastructure groups.
- Must be available to support 24x7x365 on a rotating basis and have valid driver's license.
- Must be a U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, or those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer. We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas at this time
- Enterprise level infrastructure and system administrator with at least 7 years' experience in IT, with a primary focus on Windows server, Active Directory and VMware Installation and administration.
- Build, manage and monitor VMware virtualization environment, creating windows and Unix templates, and presenting network and storage resources.
- Build, patch, monitor and troubleshoot Windows and Unix Servers.
- Experience with clusters and shared clustered file systems, High Availability at server and application level.
- Manage and configure fiber and ISCSI Storage Arrays, and allocate and present new storage to VMware and Unix systems.
- Configure Fiber switches for use with Fiber attached servers and SANs.
- Manage and troubleshoot backup environment for Windows and Unix servers.
- Familiarity with Unix editors, and ability to read shell scripts and write custom scripts to automate system management tasks.
- Work with corporate infrastructure groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues with network switches, routers and firewalls.
- Work with Corporate Active Directory group to maintain compliance to Corporate AD standards.
- Lead technical evaluations of contractor proposals for software, or hardware.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to plan, organize and run meetings and give presentations to all levels of management. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Ability to multitask and switch priorities as the business warrants.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Homer Ballega at Homer@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.