Windows System Administrator
Windows System Administrator
Job Number: 20-06093
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Windows System Administrator for our client in Terre Haute, IN.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Installs and configures software on servers and other enterprise platforms, including public cloud providers
- Recommends system enhancements, modifications, and/or replacements as part of the information technology planning process
- Manages network-based applications and services
- Configures, administers, and monitors security components of servers and enterprise platforms, including cloud-hosted applications, platforms and/or infrastructure
- Responds to technical and support questions received by the Service Desk
- Assists academic departments and laboratories with system administration of their computers
- Maintains necessary configuration documentation
- Maintains web documentation on applications served by various systems
- Schedules and performs system backups and archiving
- Informs the campus community of significant changes to the computing environment that could impact their work and gets approval from senior EIT management before implementing the changes
- Performs system administration activities that cannot be executed by other staff
- Is proactive in identifying and solving the Institute's information technology challenges-particularly system manageability
- May be required to supervise student workers
- Other duties may be assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and previous system administration experience is preferred; however, any combination of a minimum of 2 years related experience and education will be considered.
- Computer architectures and operating systems; knowledge of and experience with the following operating systems and their environments: current Microsoft Windows Client and Server operating systems; and familiarity with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or other derivative Linux distributions
- Implementing and administering leading-edge, integrated computing, mass storage/archival and network solutions to provide a stable, robust and highly available enterprise computing environment
- Fluency with platform-specific scripting tools, e.g. Windows PowerShell and native Linux scripting languages
- Administering enterprise-wide networking and communication solutions based on advanced industry solutions, primarily those based on Microsoft server technologies
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.