VMware Windows Sys Admin
VMware Windows Sys Admin
Job Number: 19-04482
Eclaro is looking for a VMware Windows Sys Admin for our client in Phoenix, AZ.
Eclaro’s client is a major technology firm with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position is responsible for the day-to-day, 24 x 7 operational support of the Windows Server infrastructure with a focus on operating system integrity, security, and performance.
- The key duties for this role involve tasks associated with server administration in a highly virtualized environment, perform system maintenance, support and management of the Windows Server OS throughout the enterprise.
- The overall goal is to provide exceptional up time, reliability, security, and system performance improvements.
- This position requires interactions with cross-functional teams and coordination of tasks.
- Monitoring of Windows Server Operating Systems and Virtualization Technologies including VMware ESXi and support Citrix Environment
- Manages virtual and physical Windows servers, including server provisioning, upgrading, monitoring, maintaining, and performance optimization
- Assists with other functions like monthly server security patching, OS images and templates updates including troubleshooting, reporting, and performing follow-up actions.
- Creates systems, KB and other documents as needed.
- Manage Windows Active Directory - User, Computer, Service Accounts and GPO's
- Troubleshoot Supporting Activities (DHCP, DNS etc.)
- Provide ongoing monitoring and response for systems using monitoring and alerting tools.
- Work on Problem/Change/incident resolution on high severity tickets
- Daily operational management of assigned ticket queue.
- Actively volunteer to assist other team members with issues, projects and maintenance.
- Experience in administering AD DS, Windows Servers OS & services
- Work experience on Virtualized Environments (particularly VMware ESXi 5.0 to 6.7 and Windows Server 2008 to 2016 Hyper-v optional)
- Work experience on Citrix XenDesktop, Net scalar
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are must.
- Availability and willingness to participate in 24 x 7 on call rotation
- Windows Server 2008 to 2016 Hyper-v Administration
- Terminal Services-Remote Access Administration
- Active Directory Services
- Planning and implementing fixes / Patches
- Performance and capacity management on VMWare servers
- VMware Administration & VMware ESXi 5.0 to 6.7
- DNS, DHCP
- Workgroup Policies
- Backup tool (Client Data Protector)
- H/W Client Blade and Rack servers
- Citrix Xenapp & Xendesktop, Xen Server implementation and configuration
- Net scalar
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Alvin Costan | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary