Virtual Reality Developer
Virtual Reality Developer
Job Number: 21-06107
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Virtual Reality Developer for our client in Rye, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Developer for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality (VR & AR)
- Our team is looking for a driven individual who is a great problem solver that works well as an individual and as part of a team.
- This individual will design, develop, and deploy an engaging, immersive, and effective learning experience to instruct trainees and provide them with virtual hands-on experience to master technical job skills.
- The Virtual & Augmented Reality experiences developed will expand on an existing portfolio of modules created using the Unity 3D game engine for the Oculus Platforms (including Rift & Quest, Magic Leap) with the purpose of building interactive training scenarios in the realm of utility field inspections.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with our team's 3D artist to optimize Unity projects to meet the performance requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 3+ years experience with C# programming and developing applications or equivalent experience.
- Software Knowledge:
- Unity 3D game engine (Rendering, real-time 3D engine, Animation system for scripting, physics system, audio coding, etc.)
- Programming in Unity C# (with Monodevelop)
- Adobe Products (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- 3D software knowledge of Autodesk Maya or equivalent (UV, rigging, animation)
- Proven understanding and experience in software development and standard methodologies
- Strong technology skills, use of media and design techniques.
- Strong communication skills (written, oral, and presentation)
- Strong Understanding of Game Design Principles
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence, and high standards.
- Demonstrated ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data, and creatively deliver solutions.
- Experience in building and launching a game using Unity (mobile or desktop).
- Ability to integrate Game assets and write code for optimized gameplay in Unity for VR.
- Understanding of graphics, textures, shaders, and fundamentals of the Unity's render pipeline for VR.
- Ability to create UI & layouts for the user to interact with (e.g. menus, scoreboards, etc.)
- Understanding of pixel resolution for both Rift and Quest Platform displays.
- Ability to develop and implement input methods for Rift & Quest controllers for ease of use.
- Experience with low level debugging or profiling.
- Ability to create final builds in Unity that run efficiently for Rift/Quest Platforms via gaming laptop.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in learning product/training development (software) is required and the preferred areas of educational, professional or consumer products.
- Lead programmer for at least a 3D game or application using Unity.
- Candidate should enjoy continuous learning and with a growth mindset.
- Experienced in Agile development.
- Experienced in VR/AR mobile development.
- Ability to conduct needs analyses/requirements gathering through customer interviews to distill and articulate the problem(s) and/or skills gaps that need to be solved with VR training development.
- Create learning flow, scripts, visual storyboards.
- Knowledgeable in Vuforia for AR experience.
- Knowledgeable on scripting & programming for multiplayer.
- Test and refine the virtual learning experience to improve real world outcomes.
- Flexibility to manage multiple work assignments in a dynamic work environment.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.