Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
Windows Systems Administrator
Job number: 19-02438
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Windows Systems Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for the server administration for all corporate and resource servers located in Corporate server farms and IR supported site server rooms, and as such, be responsible for ensuring the reliability of all servers and related equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance and troubleshooting of servers, verify and ensure tape backups are scheduled and successful on a daily basis.
- The analyst will work as a team member under guidance of the Team Leader and work with other IR groups to determine a need for any server or infrastructure upgrades and will participate in configuring, designing and implementing such upgrades.
- Develop and maintain detailed server statistics with server monitoring tools.
- Implement and track all server moves, adds and changes at all server sites in their assigned area.
- Responsible for new server technology support involving server provisioning and server virtualization.
- The candidate will also be assigned projects to automate various manual processes through scripting
- Examples of daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
- UNIX/Linux systems administration
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Oracle Unbreakable Linux.
- Server builds and installation of post-OS required software
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Good shell scripting skills with bash, ksh
- Patch servers and execute server checklists
- Experience using Netbackup for UNIX/Linux and Windows daily checklists to make sure backups are complete, troubleshoot backups.
- Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting and response
- Install and move servers and storage equipment
- Experience using ESXi 6.x
- Interface with support vendors when required
- Seeking highly motivated candidate who demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and possesses a strong technical understanding and proficiency in VMware hypervisor, Cisco UCS and IBM blade server technology, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Unbreakable linux operating system administration.
- The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- This individual must be able to exercise good judgment and render sound business decisions.
- The applicant must possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- High school diploma required with a minimum of 4 years' experience in IT support or Bachelor's degree (preferably in Information Technology) with a minimum of 2 years' experience in IT Support.
- The successful candidate must also possess strong technical knowledge of various platforms and systems including but not limited to NetBackup, vMotion, server builds, bash and ksh scripting, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Oracle Unbreakable Linux patching, clustering, samba share permissions.
- Must have the ability to lift/transport all required server equipment.
- Must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support for server and storage related issues on a rotating basis that requires travel to various supported server/location sites.
- Must have the means and be able to travel to various Company locations.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate: Oracle Exadata, Oracle Exalogic knowledge, Red Hat certification, MS Office, VMware VCP certifications, knowledge and experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage, ticketing systems, samba, Red Hat Satellite server/Spacewalk, Trend Micro Virus scanner, Microsoft SCOM, SharePoint, and Windows skills are a plus.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary