Unix/Linux System Admin
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for an Unix/Linux System Admin for our client in Brooklyn, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Our Client is looking fo a highly motivated candidate who demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and possesses a strong technical understanding and proficiency in HPUX Clusters, HPVM and Blade server technology, and RHEL and HPUX operating system administration. The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. This individual must be able to exercise good judgment and render sound business decisions.
- Responsible for the Unix and Linux server administration for all Distribution Electric Control Center (DECC) servers located in 4 DECC supported site server rooms, and as such, be responsible for ensuring the reliability of all servers and related equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance and troubleshooting of servers, verify and ensure tape backups are scheduled and successful on a daily basis.
- Will work as a team member under guidance of the Unix Team Leader, and work with other IR groups.
- Will participate in configuring, designing and implementing Unix server upgrades.
- Must be familiar with Unix/Linux server monitoring tools.
- Will also be assigned projects to automate various manual processes through scripting
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- UNIX/Linux systems administration with at least 7 years of experience managing UNIX/Linux environments
- Knowledge of HPUX v11.31 with Serviceguard and Veritas Cluster File System, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) versions 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, , RHEL Pacemaker Clusters and GFS2 File systems.
- Server builds and installation of post-OS required software
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Good shell scripting skills with bash, ksh
- Patch servers and execute server checklists
- Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting and response
- Install and move servers and storage equipment
- Interface with support vendors when required
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS:
- Client Certifications
- Client Virtualization
- Client Blade and Virtual Connect experience
- Red Hat certification
- Knowledge and experience with SAN storage
- Red Hat Satellite server
- SharePoint and Windows skills are a plus.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Ability to lift/transport all required server equipment
- Must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support for server and storage related issues that requires travel to various supported server/location sites.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and be flexible with work hours to respond to emergencies or scheduled work that must be done either prior to or after normal business hours.
- Must have the means and be able to travel to various Company locations.
- Must have a valid driver's license
Interested in applying? Contact Al Roper at ARoper@eclaro.com now.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.