Unix/Linux Server Administrator
Unix/Linux Server Administrator
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Unix/Linux Server Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Server administration for all corporate and resource servers located in Corporate server farms and IR supported site server rooms
- Ensuring the reliability of all servers and related equipment
- Perform daily maintenance and troubleshooting of servers, verify and ensure tape backups are scheduled and successful on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain detailed server statistics with server monitoring tools
- Implement and track all server moves, adds and changes at all server sites in their assigned area
- New server technology support involving server provisioning and server virtualization
- Server builds and installation of post-OS required software
- Monitor server performance and availability.
- Patch servers and execute server checklists
- Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting and response
- Install and move servers and storage equipment
- Experience using ESXi 6.x
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Oracle Unbreakable Linux
- Good shell scripting skills with bash, ksh
- Experience using Netbackup for UNIX/Linux and Windows daily checklists to make sure backups are complete, troubleshoot backups
- Interface with support vendors when required
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in IT support or Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years' experience in IT Support
- Strong technical understanding and proficiency in VMware hypervisor, Cisco UCS and IBM blade server technology, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Oracle Unbreakable linux operating system administration
- strong technical knowledge of various platforms and systems including but not limited to NetBackup, vMotion, server builds, bash and ksh scripting, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and Oracle Unbreakable Linux patching, clustering, samba share permissions
- Oracle Exadata
- Oracle Exalogic knowledge
- Red Hat certification
- MS Office
- VCP certifications
- Knowledge and experience with Network Attached Storage (NAS) storage,
- Ticketing systems
- Red Hat Satellite server/Spacewalk
- Trend Micro Virus scanner
- Microsoft SCOM
- Windows skills
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Henry Zuñiga at Henry.Zuniga@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary