Tradeplant Electronic Trading Production Support - Level II
Be a part of creating the right solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Tradeplant Electronic Trading Production Support for our client in Plano, TX.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Tradeplant is a 24 x 7 global support organization supporting over 5000 users, in 34 countries and 44 cities, to the Global Equities Trading and Global Sales, Research, and Capital Markets businesses. Tradeplant's goal is to be a trusted partner of the Business and partner with the Equities Technology development teams to ensure an operational stable environment as well as focus on working across Equities to increase productivity and drive towards a more cost effective environment.
Production Services is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the technology platform. Work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, etc.
We are looking for a motivated, self-starting individual who is eager to learn and grow as part of a team responsible for Equities Electronic Trading and Client Connectivity Systems/Application Production Support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Tradeplant team, your responsibilities will include:
- Follow/use Tradeplant standards, tools, and processes
- Perform morning/pre-start of business system/application health checks
- Handle ongoing monitoring of the systems/applications; triage and troubleshoot/resolve issues as they arise and escalate to Level 2 and/or other technology teams if required; keep management updated
- Over time additional responsibilities to be added and the candidate will be trained accordingly
As Production Support Lead, your responsibilities will include:
Employees in this job code manage a function but do not manage people.
- Identify possible production failure scenarios, create incident tickets, enhancements, and/or problem tickets in ticket tracking system, and communicate effectively with development and internal business operations teams
- Identify vulnerabilities and opportunities for improvement, as well as maintain metrics to help develop analysis that will drive improvement in all areas of Production Services
- Create and enhance administrative, operational, and technical policies and procedures, adopting best practice guidelines, standards, and procedures
- Take ownership of escalations and perform trouble shooting, analysis, research, and resolution using advanced query and programming skills
- Perform analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing, and supporting new and existing equipment and software under moderate supervision
- Resolve complex issues
- Consult with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications
- Work on problems of minimal-moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Maintain increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts, and techniques
- May provide coaching and mentoring for other employees but will not directly manage others
- Initiate and provide leadership, strategic/tactical direction, and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives
- Participate with management in the development of technology products, service standards, and development efforts that affect the client/business area
- Serve as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints, and service requests
- Provide the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Science/Computer Engineering degrees preferred; new college graduate candidate can be considered if they have exceptional computer skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge on Application Monitoring tools
- Ability to be a good team-player but also have the ability to work quickly and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Discipline and ability to follow industry guidelines in work ethics
TECHNICAL SKILL SETS REQUIRED:
- Platform/OS: Unix/Linux and Windows Operating Systems and troubleshooting skills on these platforms
- Scripting: One or more of Shell, Perl, Python
- Programming: C/C++, Java, Python (either of these are desirable) or some programing exposure or experience
- Other: Network components
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.