Job Number: 21-02781
Job Number: 21-02781
Be at the forefront of innovation. Eclaro is looking for a Testing Technologist for our client in Rockville, MD.
Eclaro’s client is a prestigious research university. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Interacts routinely with other Research Technicians.
- Position reports directly to Manager.
- Communicates via telephone, email, letters and forms, face-to-face, and in other electronic formats with internal and external staff and partnering agencies.
- Research Assistant II is responsible for high volume specimen processing, high complexity molecular test performance and for reporting test results. Individual must be able to:
- Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test performance and result analysis, reporting and maintaining records of test results;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, perform and document assigned quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed;
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance;
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problems or immediately notify the general supervisor or technical supervisor;
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications.
- Meet HIPAA requirements for the protection of health information and personal identifying information
- Assist the general supervisor in daily work responsibilities and training of new technicians
- 1-2 years in laboratory setting with experience in the use of molecular biology techniques while working in biosafety level two conditions; clinical laboratory experience would be preferred.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage high volume workflow, and advanced organizational skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Randy Mingoy | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.