Technology Support Specialist
Technology Support Specialist
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Technology Support Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is a global bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking and treasury services across more than 70 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide direct support to the FX, Fixed Income Trading, Rates and Credit using KDB
- Installation, integration and maintenance of tick capture systems
- Capacity planning, disaster recovery, budget, BCP, preventive maintenance, root cause analysis and problem management for KDB datastore
- Managing large historical databases, the development of data loaders and the calculation of historical analytics
- Spearheading the KDB analytics platform, developing back testing systems through to a fully automated trading platform
- Production quality related activities with KPI metrics for problem analysis and resolution
- Contribute and own projects delivering enhancements & stability improvements on behalf of the Financial Markets business teams
- Own the build and maintenance of tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform
- Constantly challenging and seeking new areas for automation of manual tasks from the global team
- Work with systems development teams ensuring best design, deployment, capacity and operability
- Working on the trading floor you'll be analysing requirements real time from users and technical support colleagues, designing and prototyping solutions, through to testing and deployment
- Ownership of problems to complete resolution
- Communications to stake holders for outages/releases/updates on tasks
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience)
- Q/KDB+ Experience
- Solid experience in supporting a trading environment in FX, Credit or Rates
- Thorough understanding of end to end trade flow, pricing and trade booking
- Strong Shell/Perl/Python scripting skills
- Good understanding of infrastructure setup, O/S memory management, capacity review
- Good understanding of networking concepts and ability to trouble shoot and understand latency issues
- Competent in DB technology such as SQL / Oracle / Sybase and adhoc query and report generation
- Strong knowledge of Linux environment, especially performance and maintenance
- Experience in ITRS Geneos monitoring and customization Good working knowledge of Splunk / ELK stack
- Ability to drive incident bridges by involving all the relevant parties and progressing the issues / outages to closure
- Able to own and drive small/ad-hoc project work
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at Adrian.Miranda@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.