Job Number: 19-06873
Job Number: 19-06873
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Technical Writer for our client in WHITE PLAINS, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
This role will support the Client's Management department with various initiatives, including, but not limited to, interviewing business and engineering staff to capture project-related information, documenting best practices and lessons learned, and identifying relevant knowledge areas and tags to continue developing a taxonomy for classification and search integration. The ideal candidate must be able to understand and summarize complex engineering terms and concepts and willing to work with engineers and other co-workers in a cooperative work environment.
Functions and Responsibilities:
Client is looking for an intermediate to experienced technical writer. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for producing concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries in a timely and efficient manner. The candidate will work collaboratively with the Client's team as well as technical engineers, planners and key business stakeholders to support and contribute to the overall success of Client's initiatives.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the Client team to gain an in-depth understanding of Client's various programs and documentation requirements.
- Produce concise, technically accurate and high-quality written summaries that meet industry standards and are easily understood by technical teams.
- Create and maintain metadata and related classification information for use in our internal taxonomy tool.
- Create brief, written summaries of large technical documents, interviews, presentations at committee meetings and project meetings.
- Create related user help guides for Client programs and Client's Knowledge Base site.
- Experience in technical writing capacity in the utility, electrical, mechanical, or civil engineering industries.
- Proven experience drafting and editing high quality, technical documents.
- Strong knowledge of MS office products like Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft.
- Knowledge of SharePoint publishing features.
- Knowledge of technical terminology specific to utility industries.
- Must have strong writing, editing, organizational and communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with representatives of various departments.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, please contact:
Pam Saba | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary