Senior Systems Technical Specialist
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Systems Technical Specialist for our client in Tampa, FL.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Manages Windows Servers and supporting network infrastructure and services to ensure integrity, security, compliance, and availability.
Participates in technical projects, tasks, and initiatives to completion.
Directs and/or coordinates identification of improvements to systems, procedures and operational methods.
Analyzes and evaluates system performance, reliability, capacity trends and scalability potential to develop and implement recommendations to address problems and make improvements.
Responsibilities - 30%
- Monitor and support client technology platforms, including Windows Server (hardware, operating systems), networks, Active Directory Services, DNS, VMWare
- Ensure system security and compliance to client Standards
- Evaluate system performance to develop and implement recommendations to address issues
- Ensure system integrity and availability
- Analyze and resolve hardware/software problems
- Act as a resource to Applications teams to resolve technical issues
- Manage / update Server Certifications General (Baseline)
- Systems Administration and Technical Support (maintenance and problem resolution)
- Design, institute, and manage and maintain well-documented
- Backup & Recovery procedures 2nd and 3rd Level
- Technical Support for escalated issues and questions
- Provide guidance to other technical teams based on areas of expertise
Responsibilities - 10%
- Capacity planning and performance tuning
- Interact with IT Support personnel, applications/systems analysts, manufacturers and vendors representatives and business personnel to implement enhancements, participate as SME in managed-Projects, and support
- Design and specification development
- Experience with Veritas backup products (e.g. Netbackup, System Recovery)
- Software package Integration: review, installation, configuration and maintenance Research, planning and coordination for implementation of new technologies
- Disaster Recovery planning and documentation
- Ensure that all systems/technical and procedural documentation is up-to-date; create new documentation to support implementation efforts.
- Assists in ensuring that the users are adhering to operating and security procedures and requirements
- Performs other assignments to comply with the Business strategies and initiatives.
- Provide after-hours on-call support and overtime work as-needed
- 5 plus years of hands-on experience in Windows Systems Administration/Operations
- Current MCSE Windows 2008 or above
- Expert knowledge of medium-to-large Windows Server installations
- Hands-on experience planning and maintaining HP ProLiant or similar hardware installations.
- Monitor, configure, and tune Windows servers, software and utilities; significant hands-on OS installation, configuration, upgrade experience required with Win2k8 and above
- Strong Active Directory and Group Policy Object Design and Management experience
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Skilled at monitoring performance of software and hardware and recommending and implementing changes to maintain acceptable performance
- Experience anticipating future performance requirements to support growth and scalability
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills and methodology
- Superior communications skills and the ability to self-manage
- VMWare certified WMI / ADSI scripting for administrative purposes
- Enterprise tape backup (hardware/software) technology
- Server replication technologies (e.g. Doubletake)
- HP iLO SharePoint Administration
- Technical Project Management experience 4 year degree optional/preferred
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Andrea Abanador at Andrea.Abanador@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.