Technical Support Specialist
Start your career in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Technical Support Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is a global bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking and treasury services across more than 70 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!This position will be a direct hire with the client and is located mid-town NYC.
- Production support of all Derivatives and Commodity applications.
- Monitoring of applications using Geneos ITRS.
- Work closely with the trading, middle office and back office business.
- Perform in-depth technical BAU application support.
- Prioritize work to successfully deliver service in a diverse environment.
- Perform application releases and changes into PROD/DR environments.
- Perform Pre Production/Pre release testing.
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation.
- Drive BUILD teams for application enhancements and bug fixes to improve supportability of the platform.
- Adhere to change control and fault reporting procedures.
- Participate in the bank wide DR tests and FM PSS monthly DR failovers.
- Work closely with UNIX/Database/Network/Market Data Infrastructure teams on stability improvement programs or general improvements to the environments.
- Manage open risks and audit points through to closure.
- Perform risk reviews of the environment and raise new risks where/when applicable.
- Work with fellow global support teams in China, London, Chennai and New York to support the suite of DPS applications.
- Support the primary application Murex – front to back including batch processing.
- Monitor batch processing, enhance batch processing and ensure batches meet SLA's.
- Manage escalations to development and the business.
- Track incidents and provide regular updates to users on status and progress.
- Manage/coordinate recurring issues and ensure long-term resolution.
- Highlight user training and education needs.
- Help train the Derivatives & Commodities PSS application team in Chennai.
- Stakeholder management with FO trading, Middle Office, Development and Infrastructure.
- Application documentation.
- At least 2-4 years of production application support experience within a financial services organisation.
- At least 2 years' experience working with and supporting MUREX.
- Knowledge of financial markets and understanding of trading products – eg FX Options/ IRDs/ Commodities/ Credit Derivatives products.
- Keenness to understand and resolve PL/Risk/Fixing/Settlement issues.
- Experience handling Datamart reporting technology
- Experience handling STP issues
- Experience in providing hands on Murex support.
- Good understanding of PL, Risk, Fixings and Payments workflow in Murex.
- Understanding some of the following: MXML, MReports, Batch & Back Office processing - EOD, Accounting, Payments, Fixings.
- Experience of scripting (shell/perl).
- An understanding of networking concepts & protocols in a trading environment.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
• Self starter/motivator and ambitious
- Ability to resolve problems and incidents.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux and XML.
- Knowledge of databases and a working knowledge database SQL skills.
- Experience of vendor or bespoke monitoring toolsets (Geneos /Tivoli)
- Manage incidents, problems, changes, of varying complexity adhering to ITIL standards
Interested in applying?
Contact Charly Vie at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.