Technical Project Managers - Development
Technical Project Managers – Development
Job Number: 21-12019
Job Number: 21-12019
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Technical Project Managers – Development for our client in Medford, OR.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Technical Project Manager partners closely with the Management of IT Project Management to develop, execute and support program and project initiatives.
- This position works with business stakeholders and project teams to collaborate on technology roadmaps and execution.
- There will be a focus on the overall success of highly visible and prioritized efforts, and the expectation is to own or assist with driving overall planning and project execution for your projects, as well as other team projects.
- This position requires a results-driven attitude with strong leadership skills, a capability to build and retain effective technical-project teams, and ability to mentor junior team members.
- The Senior Technical Project Manager reports to Senior Manager of IT Project Management.
- Collaborates with business Managers/Directors and technical leaders to plan, build and execute a program that involves cross-portfolio technical teams (Data Warehouse, Data Visualization, Systems, Networks, Security and Operations)
- Oversees tactical planning and day-to-day management of the overall technical project or program
- Summarizes input from business project and program managers to report overall program status to technology leadership
- Develops a deep understanding of the projects and teams involved in delivering the overall project or program
- Builds strong and successful relationships with all technical and business stakeholders
- Performs core project management duties including, developing a technical project plan, detailed budget, program roadmap, RACI charts and RAID (risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies) logs
- Ensures status reports are relevant, transparent and add value to core teams and technology leadership
- Ensure that all project activities from design to deployment are performed within the allotted schedules
- Prepare SOW, review contract terms and conditions and perform client or vendor negotiations when needed
- Lead and direct daily activities of project teams and provide technical and analytical guidance to project team when needed
- Identify training needs for project team to improve professional competence
- Mentor team with lessons learned and toward best practices in project methodologies
- Assist in interviewing, recruitment, orientation of new hires
- Develop process improvements to ensure to ensure high-quality and cost effectiveness
- Personnel responsibility extends to managing program and project management resources (internal employees and external vendor-contractors/consultants) will provide feedback to direct-managers to assist with the annual review process
- Assists in owning project and program budgets and strategical fiscal year planning
- The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Solution analysis and design for both commercially available as well as costumed developed solutions, enterprise, infrastructure architecture, systems integration, data conversion, extraction and migration, environment management, build processes, and deployment planning and execution
- A self-starter that works independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance
- Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to their commitments
- Able to depict and explain dependencies amongst cross-project teams that deliver on business requirements
- Has knowledge and is comfortable driving the use AGILE, Waterfall and Scrum methodologies in all technology projects and programs
- Expertise in/with MS Project (Project Server) and at least one program portfolio management tool, such as MS Project Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Advanced skills in the MS Office Product Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- 5-10 years of experience in enterprise organizations as an individual contributor or manager driving/leading highly complex cross-portfolio technical projects and programs
- 4-year degree from accredited university and/or relevant experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Agile, and/or Scrum certifications required, with proven applied methodologies.
- 25% travel may be required.
- Does the right thing, takes action and adapts to change
- Self-motivates, believes in accountability, focuses on results, makes plans, and follows through.
- Believes in humility, shares best practices, desires to keep learning, measures performance and adapts to improve results.
- Thrives on a team, stays positive, lives our values.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Tim Cusick | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.