Job Number: 21-03271
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Technical Analyst for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Gather information from multiple sources and critically evaluate business and technical requirements, reconciling conflicts, and disseminating high level information into details and distinguishing user request from their true needs.
- Analyze complex business problems to identify scope and root cause and document outcomes
- Document business requirements or user stories based on project mythology and ensure full description and acceptance criteria is captured.
- Collaborate proactively with external and internal customers in order to analyze information needed to develop functional and technical requirements
- Design and document functional specification requirements, such as Graphical User Interface (GUI) designs, system data flow diagrams, data mapping and input/output device requirements
- Revise and present functional and technical requirements to business and IT teams
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze the tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Work with technical architect and IT delivery team to document technical approach and technical designs, based on requirements from business and product owners
- Derive and execute Test Cases (QA) based on business and functional requirements as per Acceptance Criteria.
- Verify and update existing technical architecture, system flow diagrams and application support documents to include delivered features and or enhancements for knowledge transfer and application support purposes.
- Help maintain the project backlog and ensure requirements captured are associated with hierarchical features and epics.
- Based upon the input from business constituents, and IT stakeholders, derive a relative prioritization to implement requirements within a given project iteration and production release.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong analytical and data assessment skills, and ability to interpret and collate relevant data
- Ability to document complex business problems and handle all types of client requests
- Strong knowledge of project management and software development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrative experience with Agile principles, and participation in all Scrum ceremonies.
- Experience creating and managing a Product Backlog in a tool such as Azure DevOps, RCLM or JIRA
- Experience with creation and maintenance of test cases, linking them to requirements, to ensure test case coverage and extract and document/explain for audit purposes.
- Experience with the execution of functional test cases to track feature/requirement status
- Proficient in various programming technologies coupled with experience in hardware and network technologies such as C#, SQL, and comprehension of Visio solution, network diagrams.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in cross-functional and IT system delivery teams
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
- Creation and management of Dashboards (i.e. JIRA, Azure DevOps, RCLM), to demonstrate current "health of the product / project a PLUS. E.g. prepare Pass/Fail charts for feature delivery
- Experience using a common method of requirements prioritization, such as MoSCoW a plus.
- Execution of established automated test suites using N Unit, or comparable framework a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.