Job Number: 20-00204
Are you ready to work in Big Data? Eclaro's client is looking for a Tableau Developer for our client in Port Washington, NY.
Eclaro's client is one of the top market research firms, and has provided market information and advisory services for over 50 years. Their practice relies on unique data assets and analytic solutions to support over 20 industries and market segments. If you're ready to impact the future of business, take a chance at this exciting opportunity!
- This integral member of the Technology team will report directly to the Director.
- How this Role Contributes to Growth:
- This role drives NPD growth by developing and improving analytics software capabilities that clients love, driving new sales and repeat business.
- This is a hands-on development role, requiring working familiarity with the types of math and algorithms that power marketing analytics.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years working with Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools with at least 8 years of development with Tableau.
- Develop meaningful, efficient dashboards and visualizations using Tableau
- Experience with Tableau Administration required
- Translate complex reporting needs into technical specifications, including calculations, custom groups, parameters, filtering criteria, aggregations etc.
- Recommend best practices from both a technical and process perspective as related to Tableau development
- Tune complex workbooks and large datasets for optimal performance and maintainability
- Adhere to SDLC practices, complete appropriate documentation and provide user training as necessary
- Publish and deliver workbooks via Tableau Server
- Troubleshoot issues as they occur, identify criticality and impact, and provide appropriate workarounds
- Work directly with Tableau for support, ticket resolution, feature requests and defect tracking
- Work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously, with the ability to meet reasonable deadlines
- 8+ years Tableau application development, including visualizations, parameters, and report optimization
- 5+ years' experience in a BI function, including implementation of best practices and SDLC concepts
- Experience with Tableau web data connector
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau report performance optimization
- Strong SQL skills, including query tuning and data modeling and design
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with individuals with varying levels of technical abilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Experience with SAS and / or Sybase IQ are all pluses
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.