Systems API/Duck Creek Specialist
|Reference # :||17-12340||Title :||Systems API/Duck Creek Specialist|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level :||6 Years||Start Date / End Date :||12/06/2017 / 06/30/2018|
Sr. Lead Developer - Duck Creek API
Eclaro is looking for a Sr. Lead Developer with API and microservices development experience in Duck Creek software platform for a temp to perm contract position with a large insurance company in Jersey City, NJ.
• Lead team(s) of world-class software engineers and make the right design decisions and technology choices.
• Be a hands-on systems & API lead engineer who will spend up to 50% of their time in the codebase, own production needs, and manage project execution.
• Design, develop and deploy complex systems integration projects that require deep knowledge of insurance systems and business processes as well as technology competency in a variety of technologies.
• Provide coaching and leadership in software best practices, automated test strategies, and work toward flattening the cost of change curve for our software products and services.
• Understand overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies.
• Develop the long-term strategy for technology platforms that translate into an achievable roadmap.
• Overseeing the development and release of enhancements to the Services and API's for Digital.
• Direct the development of the services platform that will promote rapid development including maximum reuse across the various systems and teams.
• React to and lead shifting priorities without compromising deadlines and team momentum.
• 6 years of software development experience, shipping enterprise grade software, using multiple languages and frameworks.
• 2 years of experience as a hands-on engineering team managing technology specialists, engineers; setting goals and developing career plans
• An M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
• Demonstrated track record leading geographically dispersed teams.
• Experience with complex web applications and associated infrastructures
• Experience with API development in service and resource-oriented architectures.
• Experience with large complex databases and data quality and lifecycle issues.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile methodologies
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools
• Experience with building web services
• A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
• Excellent knowledge of insurance domain predominantly P&C
• Must be familiar with large & complex systems, highly transactional online systems and performance architectures
UNIQUE SKILLS/TECHNICAL EXPERTISE/SYSTEMS APPLICATIONS REQUIRED:
Technical Expertise. Must be well versed in various technology architectural topics including but not limited to:
o Duck Creek Policy & API Platform
o Cloud Solutions
o Data & Analytics
Deep knowledge of REST, MS Azure Platform, Web Services, Application Infrastructure.
Good knowledge of Duck Creek, XML/XSL, Scripting, API Management, Micro Services, Containers
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.