Supervising Actuary Casualty
Be a part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Supervising Actuary Casualty for our client in Albany, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the large insurance carriers specializing in worker’s compensation and disability benefits. If you’re up to the challenge, take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Lead the actuarial rate making process working with underwriting and senior management to develop sound rates and pricing recommendations
- Conduct internal rate-level reviews and analyze impact of latest industry loss cost filings
- Estimate pricing parameters for large accounts as well as monitor large account pricing model and retrospective rating plan parameters
- Perform segment profitability analysis to identify trends
- Identify leading indicators and ensure proper overall pricing
- Analyze proposed new products and provide Executive Staff with sound analysis for the basis of Executive level decision making
- Advise and assist business partners with actuarial and mathematical techniques and complete analytical assignment to support business decision making
- Provide actuarial guidance in support of NYSIF's predictive modeling initiatives
- Represent the Fund on actuarial committees
- Testify as an expert witness before the Workers' Compensation Board
- Oversee the management of staff which includes clarify job responsibilities and performance expectations, establish goals and job competencies, identify skill gaps, create development plans, coach and mentor on a continuous basis and evaluate performance.
- Preferred qualifications include candidate to be an Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS or FCAS) and a Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- Bachelor's degree, successful completion of at least five (5) examinations from the Casualty Actuarial Society and five years of actuarial experience
Interested in applying? Contact Gina Herrera at Gherrera@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.