Sr. VM Ware System Engineer
Senior VMWare System Engineer
Job Number: 20-05852
Job Number: 20-05852
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Senior VMWare System Engineer for our client in Cincinnati, OH.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The successful candidate will be directly involved in the support and maintenance cloud and colocation customers.
- This position will serve as a second or third-line support for enterprise level customers, troubleshoot various advanced issues with networking and on Linux and Windows servers, escalate tickets to various vendors, and handle in-depth troubleshooting of issues encountered by customers, tier 3 technicians, and systems analysts.
- The Senior VMware Systems Engineer will also be responsible for planning, deploying, and maintaining back-end infrastructure as well as providing supervision and guidance for junior personnel.
- The Senior VMware Systems Engineer will provide subject matter expertise to the leadership of Engineering/Operations.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8 years of experience, preferably with a bachelor's or master's degree in a related field.
- Appropriate VMware VCP certification history can suffice for this requirement.
- This position is on-site at our Cincinnati location and cannot be done remotely.
- Strong background in server management and virtualization
- Possess and maintain current and working knowledge of VMware including VM deployment and architecture, storage configuration, performance troubleshooting, and fault isolation
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux administration, Windows administration, DNS, SSH, RDP, and related RFC's
- Experience with Veeam Backup and Recovery
- Experience with Zerto Replication
- Experience with creating or editing process documentation
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent technical writing skills (Training, RCAs, etc.)
- Ability to work closely and professionally with customers
- Ability to rotate shifts with other team members and availability for on-call shifts
- Experience with infrastructure networking
- Experience with Cisco UCS
- Experience with firewalls (Cisco, Meraki, Sophos)
- CCNA level or higher Cisco Certification
- VMCE Certification
- ZCP Certification
- Previous leadership at team or higher level
If interested, you may contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.