Senior Software Engineer
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our client in Newark, DE.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest banking and financial services firms. They are a major provider of investment banking, asset management, private banking, private wealth management and treasury & security services in the United States.
The Senior Software Engineer position sits within the Corporate Technology organization of the firm, and is an exciting and new opening to join a new group within a dynamic organization. He/ She will be responsible for the design and development of core platform and retail banking risk and finance applications that enables the delivery and construction processes for the Data Management, Data Discovery, and Analytics group - leveraging emerging big data technologies.
- Handle Component Software Design & Development
- Participate in agile development projects for Retail Finance and
- Risk application data sourcing strategy and implementation
- Leverage new and emerging practices for Enterprise Data Architecture
- Engage in enterprise-level systems component design and implementation
- Perform systems integration, including design and development of APIs, Adapters, and Connectors
- Perform integration with Hadoop/HDFS, Real-Time Systems, Data Warehouses, and Analytics solutions
- Write and maintain reference architectures and systems design 'best practices' guidelines
- Work with business and peers to define, estimate, and deliver functionality
- Lead up, design, and deliver major platform components
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years' experience with full development lifecycle from inception through implementation
- 10+ years' experience with Java and Java Script related UI development such as JQuery or AngularJS
- 3+ years' experience with Hadoop ecosystem technology stacks as HDFS, HBase, Hive, Pig, Spark, MapReduce, Cloudera etc.
- Successful experience in large scale JAVA application and Big Data implementations for large data integration initiatives
- Experience with development, deployment, and support of large-scale distributed applications in a mission-critical production environment
- Experience with agile development, especially scrum framework
- Experience in preparing test plans and performing system testing
- Experience with TDD utilizing test data, jUnit, and Mockito
- Experience with JSON, XML, XSD, and JAXB
- Experience with Change Management and Incident Management process
- Strong experience in using Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, SVN, JIRA, Client AML, Control M or equivalent tools
- Deep understanding of application of enterprise software design for implementation of data services and middleware
- Extensive knowledge of utilization and integration of Open Source software
- Working knowledge of at least a few of the common frameworks like Spring, Apache, Hibernate (or similar ORM tools)
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic
- Test-infected attitude (strong desire to perform thorough and exhaustive unit, integration and system testing).
- Ability to translate business requirements into functional requirements documentation
- Ability to thrive on driving efforts to completion while utilizing best in breed technologies and methodologies
- Ability to function as a Solution Architect - a visionary and execution-driven
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to take the challenges of new technology and provide a production worthy output
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.