Sr SAS Technical Analyst
|Reference # :||18-03831||Title :||Sr SAS Technical Analyst|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||5 Years||Start Date / End Date :||04/13/2018 / 12/31/2018|
Senior SAS Technical Analyst
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior SAS Technical Analyst for our client in Jersey City, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a full-service bank providing a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking, and wealth management solutions with offices across the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Support data governance and play a role in all necessary aspects of project initiatives within the Data Management Department. This position requires technical, business, and analytical skills to assist in data quality monitoring & measuring, root cause analysis, logical design, testing, reporting, and requirement gathering. For the build-out of the Data Governance Program, the incumbent will be required to help promote data accountability, write technical data quality rules, monitor data quality results through an executive Data Quality Scorecard, coordinate and perform data remediation across the Americas, and coordinate and define data definitions (Metadata) starting with Key Data Elements across Business Lines.
• Support the Data Quality Program, including the creation and execution of DQ queries using SAS DataFlux, management of DQ exceptions, and support of a DQ Scorecard.
• Assist in expanding the monitoring and measurement activities across the Americas.
• Analyze and create new DQ rules using DataFlux, introducing new features, coordinating software upgrades, and migrating existing procedures.
• Assist in the expansion of the data quality scorecard to incorporate new items and improve efficiencies.
• Analyze gaps and deficiencies within business areas by studying current reporting and analytical practices
• Support data clean-up and reconciliation through root cause analysis (RCA) and coordination of production changes. RCA will require hands-on data analysis using SQL.
• Implement and update data governance procedures, standards, training documents, presentations, and Data Governance detail plans.
• Assist Data Stewards and Business Process Owners to achieve Data Quality & Monitoring goals.
• Participate in testing activities (test plans, test cases and test scripts).
• Build subject matter expertise.
• Identify gaps between current capabilities and new requirements.
• Assist the Chief Data Office with various department related activities.
• 5+ years of programming experience
• 5+ years of experience in a financial services organization, Data Warehousing, Reporting, Data Governance, or Programming
• Advanced SQL skills required: querying, tuning, designing
• Experience with Informatica is a plus
• Strong technical proficiency in SAS DataFlux, Informatica IDQ and Excel VBA
• Hands-on support with semi-technical tools, i.e. Access, Advanced Excel
• Able to coordinate with both business and technology, ability to understand the details and suggest best practice solutions
• Knowledge of banking products
• Experience in Risk Management or understanding the concept
• Familiar with Data Governance and Data Quality control process
• Data analysis and Root Cause Analysis
• Familiarity with key regulatory requirements that affect how data is generated, manipulated, recorded and reported (SOX, BIS II etc.) is a plus
• Understanding of operations, technology, and SDLC
• Self-starter and independent learner
• Articulate, good verbal and written communication skills, experience preparing and leading presentations
• Detail-oriented with superior time management abilities
• Experience in project work, analysis, and planning
• BA/BS required
ASSIGNMENT WORK SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:30AM - 5:30PM
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED:
Responsible for the build-out, testing, and support of the Bank's DataFlux Data Quality Management Center (DQMC) in the MRA OFAC Phase 2 and NYK Hotscan Upgrade projects. Responsible for hands-on technical implementation and meeting data quality and integrity reporting requirements.
Must know Informatica IDQ (heavier on the informatica versus DataFlux) and some DataFlux. Informatica skills are very important.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
Interested in applying? Contact Ivy Española at (201) 942-3003 or at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivyespanola and/or send your resume to Ivy.Espanola@eclaro.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary