Sr. Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager
Job Number: 19-05751
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Sr. Project Manager for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables in support of business goals, and obtain consensus and approvals from management and stakeholders.
- Creating and maintain project artifacts such as project charters, WBS, project plans, project financial estimates, status reports, project budgets, resource plans, etc.
- Lead the coordination to create and document requirements as necessary including RFPs
- Manage direct and matrixed resources, including prioritization of resources
- Track and control project execution including cost and schedule
- Constantly look to improve existing processes, cut cost, and improve delivery timelines
- Identify project risks and mitigation strategies
- Manage relationships with sponsors, stakeholders, management, and users including direct and indirect communications, status meetings, and expectations
- Use creative procurement strategies to meet project needs and reduce costs
- Coordinate the end-to-end procurement actions including managing vendors and tracking their project deliverables
- Conduct project completion reviews, resource and vendor assessments and create recommendations reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- As required, facilitate working group meetings to understand requirements or cross-functional complex processes
- Lead the Energy Storage project across
- Minimum 10 years of combined business and infrastructure project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Active PMP certification and Working knowledge of PMBOK
- At least 10 years of proven experience leading complex and highly visible projects with budgets over $5 M
- No less than 10 years' experience of project procurement and vendor contracting experience, including vendor management, contract writing, and request for proposal (RFP) writing
- Proven experience leading projects at an electrical utility
- Highly adept at business process mapping
- Very competent at translating business requirements into project deliverables
- An assertive leader able to aggressively and professionally drive project milestones
- Experience leading teams of at least 10 resources
- Charismatic and highly adept at persuading others to contribute to the project goals
- Basic knowledge of electric utility infrastructure including distribution systems and energy storage systems
- Advanced MS Project and Excel skills
- Strong skills and experience with MS Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Assertive with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully on highly profile projects and able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Unconventional problem-solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Proven track record leading projects in regulated industries or Government organizations
- This position provides Project Management services to Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) Distributed Planning Office program office. In particular this role will help manage the Energy Storage project.
- The Senior Project management resource must possess a clear sense of accountability and must be able to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions.
- The individual must be self-motivated, resourceful, and articulate.
- Resource must be experienced with electrical utility projects, specifically distribution planning across both underground and overhead electrical networks.
- The Senior Project Manager should also be familiar with energy storage technologies, their applications within the electrical distribution networks/substations, and the related compliance matters imposed by the regulatory governmental bodies such as the New York State Public Service Commission (PSC).
- Resource must also have significant expertise in procurement activities, vendor management (including some level of construction projects), sub-awardee and vendor flow down provisions, property tracking, equipment disposition, and BI financials tracking.
- The resource must possess the ability to quickly create and maintain cooperative business relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors, by utilizing strong leadership skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Individual must have a proven track record of relationship building skills and be able to successfully drive results across a multi-discipline matrixed organization.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented, flexible to concurrently handle multiple assignments and projects, be able to implement process improvements, and able to aggressively meet deadlines.
- Significant experience managing large energy storage projects
- Experience with ISO Market rules and regulations
- Exposure to the regulatory bodies and proceedings and their implementations
- Experience in estimating, implementing, and controlling regulated utility project funds
- Advanced technical knowledge of electric utility infrastructure including distribution systems and energy storage systems
- Experience and knowledge of electrical sub-stations
- Experience in one or more of the following within the energy/utility sector: operations centers, electric, gas, steam, engineering, customer or construction operations
- Familiar with the New York State Interconnection process and Client's implementation of this process
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, please contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.