Sr Oracle Data Admin Analyst
JobDiva # 19-08923
Eclaro’s client is the world’s largest package delivery enterprise, providing expert transportation and logistics assistance to more than 220 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Position Overview: The Senior Database Analyst interacts with functional representatives, business analysts, data analysts, Systems Administration and Programming, and Applications Development project teams to apply data operations requirements to support the effective storage and retrieval of data. He/She works independently on one or more highly complex database environments. This position assists with providing the definition of logical and physical data elements for promoting data sharing, reusing data objects, and ensuring a coherent data source strategy. He/She transforms logical data models into physical databases, applying techniques based on applications' processing needs. The Senior Database Analyst investigates complex problems, monitors performance, contributes to back-up and recovery procedures, creates reports, and configures and installs database software.
- Develops and applies database management system support activities to ensure the effective storage and retrieval of data.
- Utilizes system software and tools to investigate problems, monitor performance, and create reports.
- Performs database products' configurations, reconfigurations, and installations to meet projects' quality requirements.
- Provides on-call support and coverage to ensure continuity of business operations.
- Performs installation, configuration and deployment of software programs and patches to ensure software tools are maintained to meet business requirements.
- Develops and maintains database management scripts and jobs (e.g., backup, recovery, reorganization, etc.) to ensure efficient database operations and business continuity. Collects and analyzes performance data to troubleshoot root cause of performance issues.
- Experience in supporting databases on Oracle Exadata platform is preferred.
- Oracle Database administration
- Performance Tuning
- Backup and Recovery
- Database Design concepts
- Supporting databases in Exadata Platform
- Able to manage projects independently and provide technical direction in designing the databases.
- Effective Communication skills
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.