Sr. Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
JobDiva # 21-00976
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for our client in Ashburn, VA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- A Senior Network Engineer/Network Architect to join our Engineering team at our headquarters located in Ashburn, VA (about 30 miles west of Washington, DC). If you are ready for the rewards, challenges and responsibilities that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, then read on!
- As a Senior Network Engineer/Network Architect on the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for designing, building and managing the global network infrastructure that is the foundation of all our services. The successful candidate will be able to understand and drive solid requirements and then use those to design, procure, deploy, configure, test, and activate networks. Excellent cross-team collaboration, technical skills, and clear communications are required.
- Design and deploy networks based on business and technical requirements.
- Contribute towards the advancement of the overall network architecture.
- Partner with Cloud Infrastructure team members to ensure projects are delivered in a timely
- manner and are of high quality.
- Take a lead role in the engagement and mitigation of outage causing events or issues.
- Perform non-critical investigations into functionality that are not working as desired.
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate with multiple parties during an incident.
- Review, consult and prepare for planned change introduction to production environment.
- Partner with teams to plan and execute software code upgrades and device maintenance.
- Quickly integrate into the environment and become able to take on incidents tickets.
- Take on deployment projects and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Contribute towards continual improvement of our global network architecture.
- Partner with customers to solve issues or perceived issues with the network.
- Participation in on-call rotation for Engineering Team.
- Provide network topology diagrams specific to incidents or proposed changes
- The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience, preferably with a Bachelor's degree in a related field. This position is on-site at our Ashburn location and cannot be done remotely.
- Senior level Cisco networking experience with all types of Catalyst, Nexus, and ASR equipment required
- Senior level experience integrating networks with Cisco UCS Blade system
- Senior level experience designing, deploying, and maintaining highly resilient and scalable distributed LAN and WAN network architecture
- A solid understanding of, and have experience with, most of the following network technologies: 802.1q, HSRP, OSPF, BGP, NAT, ACLs, IPSEC, and SNMP.
- Knowledge of MPLS, LDP, and VRFs strongly desired
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP and routing protocols (BGP and OSPF).
- CCIE R/S preferred
- Experience with a hosting service provider environment is a plus.
- Experience with Sophos UTMs is a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Homer Ballega | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.