Sr. Linux Architect
Senior Linux Architect
Job Number: 22-00169
Job Number: 22-00169
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for a Senior Linux Architect for our client in Purchase, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a global private equity firm that provides unique opportunities for value to its wide slate of investors. In a highly competitive industry, they are poised for success and create a work environment where you can thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Linux Architect performs systems engineering and administration tasks as outlined below, under the direct guidance of the systems engineering team leader.
- Build an Enterpriser Linux architecture solution from the ground up.
- Establishes the basic structure & design of the platform:
- Work with Cyber Security, Compliance/SOX, Identity, Systems engineering, Operations, and Business-aligned technologists to define core requirements of the platform
- Design, document and test the core Redhat Linux build & its supporting infrastructure
- Collaborate with development staff to define requirements and gain consensus for infrastructure plans
- Build Testing & Integration
- Following design phase, transition into operations:
- Daily maintenance/administration of multiple Unix systems
- Train the broader Network Operations Center & Systems Engineering team on core Linux support tasks to provide ongoing 1st and 2nd level response and triage capability
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Implement effective monitoring & KPI reporting, Integrating platform capabilities into existing reporting where available (i.e. asset tracking & ITIL, backup & patching, monitoring toolsets)
- Apply OS patches and upgrades regularly. Upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Upgrade and configure system software.
- Assist Business-aligned technologies in deploying atop the standardized platform
- Assist in Application Architecture definition
- Participation in 3rd Party vendor scoping and design sessions
- Deploying the software
- Troubleshooting and testing participation
- Create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to development teams.
- Develop, document, communicate and enforce platform technology standards and policies
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts
- Recommend technologies and approaches that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and service providers to procure network products and services
- Develop, maintain and test network disaster recovery plans for Linux platform
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance
- Design process systems for archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of stored data assets
- Follow all Tech-wide Incident, Change, and Problem Management protocols. Track major incidents to root cause and document.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required to support Client's global infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, MIS, computer science, Engineering, or related field and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- 4 or more years of increasing Linux administration experience and operational responsibility maintaining Linux system, preferably atop Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Recent 2+ years working experience on DevOps practices &related; technologies. (Eg: CI using Jenkins-Maven, Container Virtualization using Docker, Terraform etc)
- Hands-on expertise & deep understanding of Agile working models and Cloud-based environments, tools and processes:
- RPM Container concepts & Docker
- Container Orchestration using Kubernetes
- Puppet / Ansible / Chef / Salt
- Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Linux & Shell; Scripting
- Docker Files for Container definitions.
- Working knowledge/experience with Cloud architectures - Public (AWS, Azure) and Private Cloud hosting (VMWare) solutions
- Ability to build positive working relationships both internally and with external service providers
- Self-motivated and attention to detail with analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communications skills - both written and verbal
- Familiarity with systems planning and infrastructure management best practices
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products and troubleshoot as required
- Basic working knowledge of WAN and LAN networking infrastructure and Enterprise application architecture concepts and Non-Functional requirements
If interested, you may contact:
Bridgette Marks | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.