Sr. Java/Database Developer
|Reference # :||17-02535||Title :||Sr. Java/Database Developer|
|Location :||Jersey City, NJ|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/15/2017|
|Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a Sr. Java/Database Developer for one of our financial services clients.|
Must have min 10 years hands on Java/Database experience and ability to lead more junior developers. Financial securities background requires.
PME ( "Product Master Environment”) is the firm-wide provider of product (financial security) & pricing reference data, which is critical to 400+ consuming applications spanning multiple lines of business (Global Markets, Global Wealth & Investment Management, etc) from the front office (trading apps, etc) to the back office. PME is positioned within the broader Global Markets Reference Data Organization which also includes Party, Client Account and Firm Account reference data. PME is looking to hire an application development manager to work on its evolving software platform responsible for sourcing, processing, and distributing product reference data. PME is evolving from a traditional JAVA/Oracle implementation to a horizontally scalable and high performance platform leveraging cutting edge technologies such as Scala and RDF.
This is a hands-on leadership role, which involves taking ownership of deliverables and working with the team to design, review and implement technical solutions in a fast paced and ever changing environment. The role also includes being responsible for certain components of the organization's application stack. Deep financial securities knowledge and effective communication skills are essential. We work in a dynamic environment and expect new joiners to be flexible, self-sufficient and learn our business, our data and our technology stack with minimal supervision.
10+ years of Java programming required, Scala and Python are a big plus (and will ultimately be required in this role, so candidate must be willing to learn if not already familiar).
- Strong Oracle/SQL skills required.
- Financial securities knowledge and experience required.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment.
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner – willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills.
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus.
- Experience with graph technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Semantic Web (RDF) and Sparql is a plus.
- Experience with distributed computing is a plus. Familiarity with Zookeeper/Storm/Spark/HDFS is a plus.
- Experience with search technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch is a plus.
- Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience.