Sr Goldengate/ Oracle DBA
Senior Goldengate/Oracle DBA
Job Number: 21-14246
Job Number: 21-14246
Eclaro is currently recruiting for a Senior Goldengate/Oracle DBA contract opportunity for one of our financial investment clients in the Durham, NC.
Eclaro’s client is a highly regarded investment services company that delivers investment management services including broker/dealer, banking, trust and insurance services. As a member of this team you will be working in a fast-paced agile development environment using the latest technologies to deliver quality solutions. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Client requires a highly proficient and highly motivated Senior Database Administrator with strong skill set in order to support various database initiatives. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports daily to ensure issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with other infrastructure teams to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
- This role requires a service oriented attitude, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on balancing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
- Perform applications database administration (Oracle) functions including SQL code review, performance analysis, query tuning, database application design, physical data modeling, and developer support
- Actively monitor databases servers and respond to any alerts
- Work with development teams in database design process and make suggestions/recommendations based on data manipulation needs of the application.
- Works with customers on fixing production issues
- Provide database support in all phases of SDLC
- Work with team members to come up with solutions in line with group's standards
- Participate in 24X7 on call rotation schedule for various production support, database maintenance, housekeeping and installs
- Collaborate with Operations Database group, Systems Administrators and Capacity Planning groups as and when situation demands
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
- Evaluation and recommendation of software products in database management arena
- Should have strong time management skills with willingness and ability to prioritize multiple projects/initiatives at the same time
- Proactive with strong team, interpersonal and communication skills
- Setup DR and HA strategy and support routine DR testing
- Establish database standards for operations, upgrades, migrations and onboarding new applications and/or clients
- Write clear, concise, well organized user documentation to maintain standards and procedures
- Balance various database infrastructure projects
- 10+ years of experience in Oracle DBA with Exadata and RAC expertise
- 3+ years of DBA experience in other DBMS systems ( Postgres, MariaDB , SQL Server and Snowflake)
- 5+ years of experience in Distributed replication technologies ( Oracle Goldengate, EDB Replication, etc)
- 5+ years of experience in the Mutual Fund /Financial Services industry is highly desired
- Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as maintaining a flexible attitude are a must
- Ability to develop and drive database administration strategies and initiatives as per the needs of the team
- Ability to quickly synthesize ideas, options, and thoughts into solutions to management to aid in decision-making
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.