Senior FA Commodities Product Controller Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Senior FA Commodities Product Controller for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning & Reporting:
- Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on the GBAM's externally disclosed quarterly performance
- Manage the expense approval process for both deal-related and organisational expenses; provide expense analytics and assist the business with recovering deal-related expenses.
- Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on Line of Business performance.
- Participation in the formulation of business strategy; plans; budgets; and forecasts.
- Development and analysis of key performance metrics
- Act as key member and advisor to Line of Business Senior Management team, providing decision support analysis and advice on the optimisation of business activities with regards to accounting rules, regulatory issues and legal entity structures.
Core Financial Oversight Functions:
- Provision of financial expertise in the design, build, testing, and implementation of new Technology Platforms and Systems.
- Contributing to Governance process, operational error reporting and support of other internal control process, including SOX.
- Participation in the New Product Review and Appropriation Request processes: modeling structures and process scenarios, review, and control.
- Exercise of control oversight on behalf of the business.
- Month end close, including Financial Disclosures and calculation and recording of netting entries
- Managing key accounting, legal entity, regulatory and P&L issues with the business.
- Determining and implementing appropriate accounting policies & procedures (with Accounting Policy).
- Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc) including inventory aging and its reporting.
- Maintaining/updating valuation adjustment & reserve policies.
- Monthly & quarterly revenue commentary.
- Validation of appropriate application and use of models for books & records.
- Price verification (daily, weekly, monthly).
Daily P&L & Balance Sheet – Reporting & Oversight
- Review of changes to daily balance sheet & substantiation to transactional activity.
- Review and approval of changes to valuation adjustments & reserves.
- Review of material new deals.
- Preparation of daily P&L commentary and substantiation to market events.
- Oversight of trader estimate to official T+1 P&L variances as business unit level.
- Daily P&L reporting to local and regional management.
- Responsibility for daily management adjustments to P&L
- Approval of daily sub-ledger P&L generated by Middle Office for reporting into Greensheets.
- Production and/or review of official daily P&L explain and its provision for VaR backtesting.
- This role is to represent Finance in supporting Global Commodities business in NY.
- As a Senior Financial Analyst, expected to lead and inspire team members, collaborate with the desk and other business partners, impose structure on complex issues and focus on delivering solutions in line with the long term strategic goals of the bank.
- Commodities Experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proven relationship management experiences.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced deadline driven environment.
- Strong Excel: Able to build and use spreadsheets.
- Must have good working knowledge of accounting concepts.
- Minimum of 5-8 Years work experience, possibly a combination of public accounting or product control experience.
- Must have Bachelor's degree.
- Master degree and professional certifications.
- Access knowledge desirable.
Interested in applying?
Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now.