Job Number: 21-04276
Job Number: 21-04276
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Sourcing Associate for our client in Tampa, FL.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The role of Sourcing Excellence, Contractor for R&D Contracting within the Strategic Sourcing & Procurement ('Procurement') function, will be responsible for the delivery of an industry-leading contracting capability through the efficient conduction of dedicated contracting including active contract review, analysis, redlining, negotiation.
- It will be key for this individual to manage the effective collaboration across multiple locations with cross-functional stakeholders, including Legal, Global Process Owners, and other important cross-functional teams.
- It will also be key for this individual to manage and handle escalations in the contracting process.
- Conduct contract facilitation process for highly complex contracts
- Complete any required pre-transactional steps and prior endorsement, with appropriate risk assessment due diligence
- Execute contracts in a timely method with appropriate legal support to ensure compliance with company standards
- Perform appropriate due diligence by assessing risk mitigating options, and identifying business issues.
- Coordinate redlines and negotiations with legal and other stakeholders as well as suppliers
- Negotiate business terms and collaborate, coordinate and be able to explain risks and implications of contract terms to the business and other stakeholders.
- Complete gap analysis, review, redline and understand contract language, risks and implications of such language.
- Draft where appropriate commercial terms
- Defend legal terms on standard internal templates, agreements and third-party paper where necessary.
- Manage multiple, complex projects independently
- Ensure appropriate written guidelines are followed and/or SME input is obtained throughout the process (eg, privacy, finance, international and domestic taxation, customs and trade, information security, systems quality, software asset management, and other SMEs)
- Ensure key agreements and contracts are reviewed by peers and superiors to protect and advance the company's interest
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to enable the procurement contracting process and ensure excellence in contract management
- Collaborate with Client Legal in its development, oversight and maintenance of relevant contract templates, fallback and guidance in continually improving an efficient and effective Procurement contracting function
- Identify points of escalation for Sourcing Excellence ('SE') to interface with Strategy, Process & Capabilities, Legal, and other relevant stakeholders (e.g., Compliance, Audit, etc.,) regarding contracting and Procurement policy and related operational questions
- Review key agreements and contracts reviewed to protect and advance the company's interests
- Support continuous improvement initiatives towards an industry-leading contracting capability within Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- Participate in training to provide opportunities for professional development and further expansion of contracting skillsets
- Ensure thresholds and hand-offs between Business, Legal, and other involved parties are clear and well communicated
- Partner with functional / regional category teams to maintain effective contracting procedures and ensure adherence to regional/global category strategies
- Collaborate with Global Process Owners
- B.S./B.A. or equivalent degree
- JD or equivalent degree (e.g., paralegal)
- Legal training/qualification/experience could be a differentiator
- 5-7 years of relevant experience including drafting, reviewing and negotiating procurement / business contracts, procurement negotiations (preferably in Pharmaceutical or Life Sciences industries [or other regulated industries])
- Experience managing cross-functional and/or global teams of contracting and / or procurement professionals and in establishing performance expectations
- Internal stakeholder management, data/information management, category management, process redesign and continuous improvement expertise, project management and performance measurement skills
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier diversity, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning and integrated supply chain experience
- Procurement process knowledge, contract management, Understanding of legal terms vs. business terms
- Recognizing, identifying and being able to explain business and legal risks and their implications.
- Relevant professional certifications (e.g., CPM, CPIM)
- 3 years of Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Membership in Professional Associations (e.g., ISM)
- R&D and/or BI&A, Claims Data & RWD, Data Analytics and RWE experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
June Binuya | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.