Job Number: 21-04277
Job Number: 21-04277
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Sourcing Associate for our client in Princeton, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Understand and translate R&D business requirements into sourcing projects and contracts.
- Contract Negotiation and Development – ability to negotiate and draft Commercial Terms and defend Legal Terms on standard internal template agreements for R&D categories.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and ideation that will enable the Business Partner, Category and Functional Leads to achieve strategic objectives.
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage R&D sourcing projects in support of business requirements and expected business outcomes.
- Business partnering with R&D and Global Procurement and other functional areas, e.g. Legal, and Finance, globally. Extensive interaction with Business Partners is required to ensure that strategies, objectives, total costs are aligned and optimal savings are realized in the execution of contracts.
- Build, maintain and enhance relationships with leading R&D suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Leads in the development and evaluation of supplier Requests for Information/Proposal/Solution (RFx's) including ensuring comprehensive requirements and specifications, pricing models and contract terms are included.
- Lead and manage the full RFx process from RFx development through contract execution.
- Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for goods or services.
- Negotiate and/or issue contracts, amendments, and attachments obtaining legal review and approval of a contract when required.
- Review and critically assess business specifications and statements of work; negotiate and develop those contracts for review and approval.
- Manages multiple, complex projects independently.
- Aligns Procurement goals with client's business objectives.
- Apply appropriate business analytics to review proposals and provide accurate financial comparisons of business proposals
- Drive sustainable/substantial cost savings and value beyond savings for R&D category.
- Utilize e-Procurement tools (Ariba) to manage sourcing projects
- Operate as trusted advisor by providing procurement insights and subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders
- Internal/External Stakeholders:
- Procurement Functional Leadership
- Global Process Owners
- Sourcing Excellence Functional Leads / Teams
- Client Legal Teams
- Experience managing sourcing projects and contracting related to the following categories within Clinical Development and Real World Data is strongly preferred: CRO Services, Centralized Diagnostics, Patient and Site Services, Clinical Technologies, Functional Partnerships.
- Experience negotiating with top tier R&D suppliers for indirect/services agreements
- Bachelor's degree is required, Masters Preferred
- 5+ years in Indirect Procurement Services Categories preferably supporting R&D.
- Experience in evaluating the market, assessing suppliers, negotiating complex contracts, drafting and red-lining contractual agreements and financial analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and manage internal stakeholders at all levels within a highly matrixed organization, working across cross-functional, cross-organizational teams.
- Legal training/qualification/experience could be a differentiator
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Demonstrated leadership, procurement and business acumen
- Demonstrated analytical and strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- A proactive, creative and analytical approach to challenges.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence, requiring minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to partner, manage and influence.
- Ability to demonstrate both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need and/or defending a position/decision.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Maria Castañeda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.