Job Number: 19-11900
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Sourcing Associate for our client in Tampa, FL.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Leads sourcing and contracting processes for large / complex categories, and is responsible for key deliverables within category strategy development for larger categories with complex scope.
- The incumbent also leads select Supplier Relationship Management processes in alignment with BP&S.
- The role requires strong analytical skills and deep understanding of Total Cost of Ownership for assigned categories in order to generate strategic industry insights and identify category opportunities and competitive advantage for Client.
- This role requires strong ability to lead cross-functional teams remotely, working with business partners and suppliers, and managing multiple, shifting priorities on a daily basis with minimal guidance.
- Indirect Reports:
- Key Business Partners CoOp employees (occasional)
- 1-2 Sourcing Analysts (occasional)
- Internal/External Contacts/Customers:
- Sales representatives and Managers within supplier base
- Key business partner contacts (Manager and Director level)
- Unit leads
- Legal and Strategic Corporate Transactions teams
- Understand the product lifecycle process, its impact on the organization (short and long term) and apply knowledge of the global value chain to provide strategic industry insights and identify potential opportunities that may shorten/improve product lifecycle or offer integration opportunities across categories that ultimately lead to a Client competitive advantage
- Lead moderately/highly-complex competitive sourcing events and supplier negotiations (depending on category complexity); determine appropriate methods of procurement; solicit bids, quotations and proposals, and evaluate competitive offerings and recommend overall best offer for a product or service.
- Review and critically assess business specifications and statements of work; negotiate and develop contracts for legal review and approval
- Occasionally provide Client support and oversight to suppliers of Procurement BPO services
- For escalated issues with respect to quality, performance or supply, support Business Partnering & Strategy with the analytics required to solve root cause issues; collaborate with site / local procurement on solutions. Occasionally own/drive mitigation projects on a prioritized basis
- Research and assist in resolving issues raised in Purchasing audit reports
- Apply analytics to ensure compliance by preferred suppliers and with contract terms; provide analytical tools to support management of preferred suppliers
- Occasionally support the review of supplier innovations and demonstrations in partnership with the Business Partnering and Strategy group for prioritized Tier 1 suppliers
- Support Business Partnering & Strategy in communicating purchasing policies and procedures to users when needed
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and user departments, help BP&S resolve escalated quality problems, and help identify measurements for improvement and target-setting coordinate review and respond to supplier inquiries
- Lead and participate in organizational development efforts in Sourcing Excellence, such as process improvement, capabilities and junior staff development; manage the group’s CoOp program: select, onboard, manage and develop CoOp employees
- Lead Sourcing Excellence Imperatives initiatives on improvements to capabilities, process, technologies, communications and organization culture
- Supplier Management:
- Support Business Partnering & Strategy in managing preferred suppliers using the Client Supplier Management methodology and compliance requirements
- Manage selected internal and external relationships with suppliers, cross-functional and/or multi-functional teams
- Conduct Business Continuity Management and Risk Management activities; develop and implement scorecards and track supplier performance
- Support Change Management activity around systems including Vendor Change Notification and Approved Supplier List (for direct material / GPS roles)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Science or Engineering desirable)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience and at least 3 years Procurement experience
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience; preferred category experience includes Clinical Research Services, Biologics Manufacturing, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (‘API’), Information Technology (‘IT’) or other science-based industries
- Proficiency in managing contract development and compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Power Point and Excel
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), Certified in Production and Inventory Management(CPIM))
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP, Ariba and other management and financial information systems
- US military experience will be considered towards industry and professional experience requirements
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Paul Quibuyen | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.