Solution Engineer HPExstream
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Solution Engineer HPExstream for our client in Dallas, TX.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Solution Engineer HPExstream demonstrates solid experience in understanding moderate to complex business problems and is able to translate business and technical requirements, and solution architecture into detailed engineering solution designs for a defined functional domain. The solution designs will leverage the OpenText Exstream composition platform and technology ecosystem to solve a wide range of business problems within the client communication domain. This role works very closely with Solution Architects, Business and Systems Analysts as well as Developers and Testers to ensure high quality technical solution designs that can be implemented, tested and deployed successfully, following defined standards while delivering a high level of business value.
- Partners with Business stakeholders and IT Business Analysts to review and understand business requirements
- Translates business requirements and conceptual engineering design into detailed engineering solution design
- Documents and reviews technical specifications with Systems Analysts
- Presents project specific high-level engineering solution design to Solution Architect through Architecture Solution Review process
- Ensures the alignment of engineering designs and solutions with the organizations business objectives and architectural standards, principles & patterns and capabilities of the target core platform
- Works closely with test teams to ensure effective test strategies to support technical implementation
- Actively collaborates with and aligns to information, data, security and infrastructure strategies
- Works with Architecture team to ensure standards and best practices are being adhered to
- Facilitates and leads design review sessions and technical discussions
- Supports initiatives through the entire solution delivery lifecycle from initial kickoff to production deployment, identifying potential technical risks and develops mitigation plans
- Supports Solution Architects in the evaluation and decision process of buy versus build, including packaged applications, SaaS and Cloud based offerings where needed
- Acts as a technical subject matter expert in assigned functional domain(s), technologies and applications
- Stays current on emerging trends and technologies and integrates into technical solutions according to engineering and architectural standards
- Stays current on NYL platform and architectural standards
- Identifies and suggests technical improvements in current systems
- Scripting - we host Opentext Exstream on Linux servers; our jobs utilize a LOT of scripts (Perl, Shell scripting, and python)
- Exstream Command Center is the Scheduling Software attached to Opentext Exstream (was called Client Exstream). It is part of the product that we use that allows us to send reports, notifications of success/failure.
- BA/BS degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in technical design and implementation of the OpenText Exstream platform include complex application integration
- Experience in creating data files, advanced tables / charts, outputs, business rules/functions, barcodes, search keys, placeholders, control files, etc.
- Experience in high volume delivery, Live and Publication support and on-demand module.
- Experience in pre and post processor solutions
- Experience in document content management systems, correspondence development and composition management processes and implementation principles
- Knowledge of MessagePoint a plus
- Experience working with high availability environments including cloud
- Experience in design and implementation of service integration components
- Experience in data transformation technologies
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Knowledge of document management and output processes/requirements (MRDF, barcodes, etc.)
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and software design skills
- Possesses technical documentation and system diagramming skills
- Requires advanced understanding of practices and procedures in own discipline and basic knowledge of other disciplines
- Applies understanding of the company goals and objectives and how own area contributes to the achievement of defined objectives
- Strong communication skills, ability to accept and provide feedback through team participation
- Ability to collaborate with others while providing technical development expertise and creative solutions
- Achieve seamless transition process execution from solution design, development to steady state through active engagement in go/no go criteria and decisions
- Guides and influences direct and indirectly professionals and/or other managers
- Is accountable for the performance and results of implemented capabilities to achieve the highest business value
- Adapts function/business strategy plans and policies to address service and/or operational challenges
- Provides guidance and recommendations to employees, internal and external colleagues and/or customers, including senior leaders
- Identifies and resolves complex problems within an area
- Responsible for the delivery of end results focused on operational excellence
- Advises on technology improvements
- Keeps current in industry best practices, innovations in the client communication space
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Eileen Sares at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.