Software Engineer - Team Lead
Software Engineer - Team Lead
Job Number: 20-02211
Make your mark where innovation is the key. Our client is looking for a Software Engineer - Team Lead in New Rochelle, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading educational publisher committed to advancing educational opportunities around the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Lead and manage an internal or outsourced Agile software development team taking responsibility for solving one or many complex problems.
- Competent at turning ideas into code, and making that code usable by your teammates, and the company at scale.
- Review code pull requests for solution completeness and adherence to coding practices and standards
- Test, analyze data, and improve constantly
- Capable of moving from prototype to production and taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of a component
- At least 8 years of experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise with Computer Science principles in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Experience leading or managing small agile development teams, guiding and reviewing the deliverables of each member on the team
- Expertise in at least one of the following, preferred expertise in more than one:
- PHP 7.x
- Ability to work in a collaborative agile environment
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, configuration management, quality assurance, and release management
- React framework and Redux state management
- CSS, LESS, or SASS
- Unit testing with Jest, Enzyme, Mocha and Chai
- Frameworks such as React, Redux, Backbone, or Vue JS
- Data visualization packages such as D3
- Application and Service development experience:
- SQL and NoSQL datastores such as MySQL and MongoDB
- Familiarity with basic design patterns and UML
- Familiarity with PHP 7.x, Laravel, and PHP Unit
- Familiarity with Spring projects for Java AWS technologies: RDS (Aurora), Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, RedShift, EC2, SQS, SNS, Cloudwatch, S3, or Cloudfront Container technologies, e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Apache Mesos
- Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
- Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing solutions that are highly creative and ingenious, exhibiting ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
If interested, you may contact:
Henry Zuniga | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.