Software Engineer Quantum
Job Number: 20-09902
Eclaro is currently recruiting for a/an Software Engineer - Quantum contract opportunity for one of our financial investment clients. This is a remote position.
Eclaro’s client is a highly regarded investment services company that delivers investment management services including broker/dealer, banking, trust and insurance services. As a member of this team you will be working in a fast-paced agile development environment using the latest technologies to deliver quality solutions. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Will work with different vendors to understand their software and hardware.
- Understand how their hardware works and write SDKs.
- Will download a Qiskit, write code and get to look at the results.
- Will then provide an opportunity to advise on their findings and develop a pricing algorithm.
- Design and build proofs of concept that demonstrate how quantum computing can be used to solve a wide variety of business use cases.
- Also share your findings throughout the company through written summaries and live presentations.
- The Value to deliver:
- Driving Innovation and implement solutions with future thinking
- Collaborating with internal and external teams to deliver technology solutions for the business needs
- Resolving technical roadblocks to the team and mitigating potential risks
- Acting as a technical mentor to the team and bringing them up to speed on the latest data technologies and promoting continuous learning
- Bachelors in computer science
- Strong software development background (minimum 5+ years, prefer 10+ years)
- Experience implementing 3rd-party SDKs open source and really want to learn more about it.
- Experience with Python and AWS
- Experience with Quantum Development: Qiskit, IBM Quantum Experience, AWS Braket
- Masters / PhD in Physics
- Hands on experience with quantum hardware: Rigetti, DWave, IonQ, Client, IBM
- Experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, and open source technologies
- Financial Experience
- Would prefer an experienced Quantum Major with PHD. However, he knows how niche this role is and he would consider a strong Software Developer that has worked on their own with Quantum and SDks.
- An experienced Software Engineer to join the quantum development team to perform research into emerging quantum technologies and building proofs of concept that demonstrate how these technologies can solve use cases from across the firm.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science required
- Background working with quantum systems (although this is not a requirement, a deep interest in quantum technology is a must)
- 5+ years of expertise in developing business applications through the use of 3rd-party SDKs
- Extensive experience in Python, AWS, C#
- Experience with artificial intelligence, machine learning, open source technologies
- Solid experience in Agile methodologies
- Technical design and analysis skill and ability to balance ambiguity and work in fast-paced environment
- Superb communication / collaboration skills, both through written and verbal channels
- Ability to understand and adapt to changing business priorities and technology advancements
- Strong knowledge and technology trends in quantum technologies
- Basic understanding of linear Algebra
- Understanding of mathematical and statistical models used in the Financial Services industry (this is not a requirement but highly desired).
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
John Bayog | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary