Software Design Engineer
Software Design Engineer
Job Number: 19-08422
Eclaro is looking for a Software Design Engineer for our client in Chevy Chase, MD.
Eclaro’s client is a major technology firm with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Data Consumption team of Decision Sciences and Transformation (DSaT) department is seeking a highly motivated Big Data Developer to start or continue an IT career on the Big Data Platform project
- Teaming up with architects, scrum masters, leads, managers and directors, you will work in an Agile environment to make the data on the Big Data Platform accessible for the needs of the organization through Atomic Models and Analytical data stores. In this role you will coordinate with a variety of IT departments to elicit and translate high level business requirements into detailed system requirements
- Will participate in the entire software development lifecycle by writing and executing test plans, finding solutions to issues during development and after deployment
- Should be intellectually curious, have a solutions oriented attitude and enjoy learning new tools and techniques
- Design needed transformations, mapping data from source to target for jobs on platform
- Develop ETL/ELT jobs on the Hadoop platform using Spark and other BigData technologies
- Develop and use frameworks for data transformation
- Create and schedule jobs with Oozie and other job coordinators
- Monitor and optimize transformation logic
- Testing and documenting results
- Troubleshooting and triaging problems including performance issues
- Communicating with end customers, and teammates to work in collaborative environment (aka strong communication skills needed)
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Melissa Francisco | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.