Service Desk Technician
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Service Desk Technician for our client in Fairfield, OH.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Service Desk Technician will develop and maintain enterprise software tools and deployments to keep the desktop environment secured and in compliance with PCI requirements. Maintain software and OS patching is current across the enterprise. Assist in the prioritization of the daily work, manage communication between the company & the Help Desk vendors, and identify areas of improvement. This position is responsible for project planning for large roll outs or other large engagements, performing Root Cause Analysis in order to reduce inbound ticket volumes.
- Write or review documentation related to all help desk support issues as needed including help sheets and FAQ lists for end users, as well as reviewing documentation prior to service transition from other groups.
- Assists employees in the remote offices with desktop and laptop support.
- Provides reporting for the service desk and other IT areas.
- Support the Server/Storage Administrators in the maintenance of server technologies including physical & virtual servers and operating systems.
- Support of storage and server backups, network files and storage volume management.
- Provide level 1 administrative and technical management of site configuration options in coordination with infrastructure standards as well as acting as primary support conduit for Contact Center Platform issues and changes.
- Facilitate communications between the Fairfield location and the Chicago Service Desk.
- Responsible for performing Root Cause Analysis to reduce recurrence of issues and inbound ticket volumes.
- Assists employees in the remote offices with desktop and laptop support, along with providing support in addressing support tickets generated from the Service Desk ticketing system.
45% - Service Desk & Security
- Assist in developing and maintaining enterprise desktop standards, including all hardware (PCs, Macs, Thin Clients, and Servers etc) and software. Maintain appropriate hardware and software standards. Manage anti-virus & anti-spyware solutions for the enterprise. Manage and maintain all print services including recommendations for procurement, installation and configuration of printers providing comprehensive support. Recommend solutions to keep company desktops at a supportable level, which includes adherence to the company standards and systems roadmap. Maintain software and ensure OS patching is current across the enterprise. Manage anti-virus and backup solutions according to published schedules.
20% - Contact Center Platform and General Communications
- Perform basic support and maintenance for the Call Center Platform under the direction of the Manager of Voice and Field Services. Manage communication between the locations and the central Service Desk and vendors, along with identifying areas for improvement. Responsible for participation in project planning and execution for large roll outs or other large engagements. Performing Root Cause Analysis to reduce recurrence of issues and inbound ticket volumes. Maintaining adherence to established SLA's developing standard operating procedures and service levels along with providing proactive customer communication. Coordinate and conduct basic enhancements to the Contact Center platform under the direction of the infrastructure voice engineers, including establishment and support of standard and custom reporting, phone deployment and agent setup.
25% - Server Administration and Hardware Support
- Provide hands on support for the server, network and voice teams to maintain and monitor local infrastructure. Administer the backup process and VTL. Participate in the deployment of new infrastructure technologies including the VMWare landscape, network, print services or other devices supporting strategic efforts or lifecycle management under the direction of the associated domain Manager. Support the administration of the Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 server landscape including basic server deployments, server patch management and storage management with guidance from infrastructure engineers. Ensure backups are completed successfully for the location.
10% - Production Support Services
- Provide production support services including off hours on call support rotation for resolution of business and technical support issues for desktops, telephony, servers, systems, network equipment and print services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field, or equivalent experience.
3-5 years IT work experience preferably in desk top and/or server support.
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Experience supporting business functions using the Cisco UCCE platform
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service and customer focus
- Experience with equipment and software standards, procedures and procurement.
- Experience supporting Virtual Servers running on VMWare
- Experience supporting MS Windows Servers & Desktops
- Experience with configuration, deployment & support of printers, scanners and peripheral devices
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop and enforce hardware and software standards
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Lea Enriquez at Lea.Enriquez@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.