Server/VMware Systems Administrator
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Server/VMware Systems Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Infrastructure and Systems administrator, responsible for supporting multi-platform environments across many sites.
- Candidate will interface with Client's Application Development and Corporate Infrastructure groups.
- Candidate must be available to support 24x7x365 on a rotating basis.
Skills & Requirements:
- Enterprise level infrastructure and system administrator with at least 7 years' experience in IT, with a primary focus on Windows server, AD and VMware Installation and administration.
- Build, manage and monitor the DECC VMware virtualization environment, creating windows and Unix templates, and presenting network and storage resources.
- Build, patch, monitor and troubleshoot Windows Servers.
- Build, patch, monitor and troubleshoot Unix Servers.
- Experience with clusters and shared clustered file systems, High Availability at server and application level.
- Manage and configure Fiber and ISCSI Storage Arrays, and allocate and present new storage to VMware and Unix systems.
- Configure Fiber switches for use with Fiber attached servers and SANs.
- Manage and troubleshoot Backup environment for DECC Windows and Unix servers.
- Create windows and Unix scripts to streamline system management tasks.
- Work with corporate infrastructure groups to troubleshoot connectivity issues with network switches, routers and firewalls.
- Work with Corporate Active Directory Group to maintain compliance to Corporate AD standards.
- Lead technical evaluations of contractor proposals, software, or hardware.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to plan, organize and run meetings and give presentations to all levels of management. Must be able to develop documentation that will be consumed by users if diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Ability to multitask and switch priorities as business warrants.
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
- Unix/Linux(RedHat) system administration.
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems - specifically Client XA21
- Project Management/Team Lead experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Ivy Española at (201) 942-3003 or at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivyespanola and/or send your resume to Ivy.Espanola@eclaro.com Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.