Senior Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer
Job Number: 21-13189
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for our client in Redwood City, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Design, implement and manage cloud-based systems and applications, migrate existing on-premise applications to the cloud, and debug cloud stacks.
- Design, configure and deploy applications utilizing the Azure stack (Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, Resource Groups, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Design and configure Virtual Networks (VNets), subnets, network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Deploy IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets.
- Expose virtual machines and cloud services in the VNets to the Internet using Azure Load Balancer.
- Provide high availability for IaaS VMs and PaaS role instances for access from other services in the VNet with Azure Load Balancer.
- Develop methodologies for cloud migration, best practices, develop backup and recovery techniques for applications and database on virtualization platform.
- Design Resource Manager Template using PowerShell.
- Configure SQL Server Master Data Services (MDS) in Windows Azure IaaS.
- Manage environment for provisioning Linux servers and services executed by the providers.
- Experience in all phases of SDLC: Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment
- Analyze problems, root causes, and develop solutions to business challenges and streamlining operations.
- Setup Azure Virtual Appliances (VMs) to meet security requirements as software based appliance functions (firewall, WAN optimization and intrusion detections).
- Use firewall appliance where requirements call for layer 7 security models.
- User Defined Routes with custom route tables for specific cases to force tunneling to the Internet via On-premise network and control use of virtual appliances in the customer's Azure environment.
- Associate routes with Virtual networks via the route table per relationship constraints.
- Manage IP Forwarding for VMs and role instances acting as virtual appliances.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Orchestrate and automate cloud-based platforms.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training annually.
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years of experience with Azure in a Cloud Engineer role or related position
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Azure Solutions Architect Certificate (strongly preferred)
- Cloud Security Certificate (strongly preferred)
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.