Senior Support Technician
Senior Support Technician
Job Number: 21-14572
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Support Technician for our client in Windsor, CT.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Firms in the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Support Technician will serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance for technology issues.
- Provide technical support over the phone, in-person, or other means of communications while maintaining high levels of customer service and documentation.
- Expectations may also include serving as an initial consultation point for Support Technicians/Analysts, testing hardware and software changes, and participation and collaborating in projects with additional IT departments.
- This position will support the end users in all offices.
- Maintain and troubleshoot PC network connectivity in order to provide maximum uptime.
- Setup and test PC's for new and / or existing users.
- Research and make recommendations for new software and hardware as needed.
- Respond to user hardware and software problems.
- Test, document, and assist with corporate initiatives as assigned by Manager
- Assist with management of mobile devices
- Provide support to other technicians within the team.
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the client community.
- Provide support for all Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Determine the most effective manner to resolve client's technical issue. Engage in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consult with other staff when necessary.
- Record required customer and problem information in the corporate Ticketing System. Update tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities and closing tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Resolve all levels of work orders as assigned. Elevate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
- Verify that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Operating System (Win10)
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (2013, 2016, O365)
- Active Directory/Azure management
- Enterprise level Antivirus experience.
- Enterprise level VPN experience.
- Enterprise level service desk ticketing experience
- Experience with multiple technologies including operating systems, wireless networks, security software, imaging software, and databases.
- Experience with PC hardware build and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with mobile devices (smartphones/tablets)
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Good attitude and a desire to help others
- Thorough problem-solving skills.
- Ability to train new individuals, transfer knowledge, and assume new responsibilities.
- Education and/or Experience: BA or BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.