Senior SQL Server DBA
Senior SQL Server DBA
Job number: 19-02423
Job number: 19-02423
Work for a logistics global leader. Eclaro is looking for a Senior SQL Server DBA for our client in Parsippany, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is the world’s largest package delivery enterprise, providing expert transportation and logistics assistance to more than 220 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior SQL Server DBA position encompasses responsibility for managing SQL Server relational database management systems hosted across Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2014/2016 platforms, running on both physical, and virtualized infrastructure in a 24 x 7 environment.
- The Senior SQL Server DBA works in coordination with team DBAs, as well as other departmental resources to best meet database administration responsibilities while strongly supporting department and company goals.
- Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to - implementation, performance monitoring & tuning, ongoing maintenance, backup/ recovery, security, auditing, support for production & development environments, On-Call support, migrations, and architecting adequate technical solutions to meet requirements.
- Creates processes and procedures to minimize/avoid potential application downtime.
- Creates standards for SQL Server database administration that supports the use of optimal database server resources and performance.
- Works with application developers for deployment, tuning, and support of database development when required.
- Implements automated database maintenance plans and backup routines using standard methodologies.
- Monitors database/ application growth and server resources to ensure optimum performance and availability.
- Prioritizes tasks effectively to operate in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Provides accurate status updates to management.
- Routinely evaluates/ implements improved methods or processes for administering and maintaining databases and servers.
- Troubleshoots issues when needed - often requiring time sensitive response and pro-active communication to different groups within the organization
- 7+ years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 or greater) in an OLTP production environment.
- Experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments, including experience with Failover Cluster, AlwaysOn, and database mirroring.
- Experience deploying, and supporting databases on a virtual platform is desired.
- Experience T-SQL developer and tuning.
- Experience authoring scripts for automating maintenance, and migration processes using PowerShell / C# is required.
- Experience with .NET desired
- Strong working knowledge of query, index and DB I/O performance tuning, and Stored Procedures and SQL coding is required.
- Database migration/ upgrade experience is highly desired.
- Ability to produce detailed technical analysis, and documentation of issue which will be used to communicate with senior management.
- Ability to facilitate discussion, to teach/mentor, and to train concepts related to data retrieval, data analysis, data integrity and analytical information systems in RDBMS environments.
- Ability to manage all DB maintenance plan activities including backups, indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other internal departments and entities.
- Deep understanding of database design principals.
- Experience implementing / troubleshooting SQL Server transactional table replication
- Experience using SSIS and other ETL tools to automate data import and processing.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent understanding of query execution plans.
- Experience running and supporting very large databases under high transaction rates (OLTP, VLDB).
- Knowledge of disaster recovery principles and practices, including planning, testing, backup/ restore using disk-based backup solutions.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with little direction.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Thorough knowledge of current hardware systems, RAID and disk subsystems commonly used in fault tolerant production environments.
- Understanding and experience with SAN hardware and administration.
- Understanding of Virtual Server environments.
- Prior experience using Microsoft SQL Server DMV's for troubleshooting performance issues.
- Vendor coordination and facilitation skills.
- Participate in 24x7 On Call rotation
- Other duties as assigned: Working knowledge of Windows Server management such as disk administration, general performance health counters and overall server configuration
- Management Skills:
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Effective in managing time and tasks.
- Works well in a team environment.
- 7+ yr.'s of experience
- Primary Skill:
- SQL Server Admin
- SQL Programming
- Windows Operating System
- Additional Skills:
- SQL Language
- Data Modeling
- C# .NET
- Data Replication
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Heckle Tulab | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary