Senior Oracle/SQL Server DBA Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Kick start your career in Financial Services. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Oracle/SQL Server DBA for our client in Jersey City, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a full-service bank providing a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking, and wealth management solutions with offices across the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!A Senior Oracle/SQL Server DBA is needed to play a key role delivering hands-on implementation of Oracle and SQL Server solutions as part of several financial services projects. The position ensures that Oracle and SQL Server databases are deployed and maintained using enterprise architecture standards and application requirements.
- Will support multiple projects as part of a database engineering team.
- Assists application and operations teams throughout the database management lifecycle, from design and development thru testing and go-live.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Requires good written and verbal communication skills, with ability to interact with developers and managers alike.
- Strong problem solving skills, with ability to develop creative solutions quickly.
- Good organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience in large installations, ideally in a financial services organization is a plus.
- Team-oriented work ethics, but with the ability to work independently is good to have.
- Oracle 60% SQL Server 40%
- Hands-on experience as a database administrator with Oracle 11g and 12c on Unix (AIX) and Linux (RHEL) and SQL Server 2005 thru 2016 is a must.
- Working knowledge of Oracle RAC and SQL Server Always-ON, Oracle Data Guard and SQL Server Mirroring/Log Shipping is requested, not required.
- Experienced in implementation of backup/recovery, disaster recovery and high availability solutions is required.
- Experience with Quest TOAD, Embarcadero dbArtisan and Oralce's Enterprise Manager is required.
- Experienced in creating/documenting Unix shell scripts and/or Windows PowerShell scripts is necessary.
- An understanding of virtualization concepts, especially VMWare and Red Hat Virtualization is requested.
- An understanding of SAN and NAS solutions (EMC and NetApp), including array based replication is requested
- Any experience with AWS/RDS would raise probability.
Interested in applying?Contact Homer Ballega at Homer@eclaro.com now.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro