Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Job Number: 20-06128
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The candidate will be responsible for the planning, design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the new Nokia IP/MPLS network.
- The client's CCTN infrastructure also supports the telecommunication requirements of our internal business customers in electric, gas and steam operations.
- The candidate will have the ability to create and develop Method of Procedures that others can follow to perform certain tasks and troubleshoot alerts generated by various network management as well as security tools and will help in providing 24/7 coverage for the computing and telecommunications infrastructure that is managed by the Information Technologies Planning Department.
- Candidate will interact with the Nokia vendors for the IP/MPLS implementation.
- The candidate should be well-rounded with strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and has a proven track record of relationship building skills.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and have excellent presentation skills.
- Must be well-organized, detail oriented, flexible to handle multiple assignments and able to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of network facilities requirements and planning required for network implementation and modification.
- Experience with L2 and L3 protocols, including MPLS, DMVPN, VPN, IPSEC and the best practices, and routing protocols such as ISIS and BGP
- Must have field experience designing, installing, supervising, and coordinating installation of equipment.
- Experience in network planning, design, implementation, acceptance and commissioning of Nokia IP/MPLS network.
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN architectures, Nokia, and Cisco switches, routing devices and protocols.
- A good understanding of DWDM and SONET.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple projects in the office and in the field as necessitated by business requirements
- The successful candidate must have a Bachelor's Degree preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of 5 years of related professional experience with IP/MPLS network design and implementation, including, , Ethernet, IP/MPLS as well as routing protocols ISIS, OSPF, BGP.
- Experience with the Nokia 7705 Service Aggregation Router (SAR) / 7250 Service Router, and NSP/NFM-P networking products.
- Also, working knowledge of IP routing protocols (EIRGP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP), OSI model layers 1, 2, and 3, and the network components of each layer.
- The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
- Candidate must be able to participate in a wide variety of telecommunications projects.
- These projects will utilize our Company's private fiber network called the Corporate Communication Transmission Network (CCTN) and support the deployment of the new Advance Metering Infrastructure (AMI), which will include the use of Cisco DWDM, Ethernet, SONET, and Wireless/RF Infrastructure.
- An understanding of technologies such as DWDM and SONET will be a plus.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Homer Ballega | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.