Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Job Number: 19-08407
Make an impact with in a growing field! Eclaro’s client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer in Germantown, MD.
Eclaro’s client is an IT Services firm supporting enterprise clients around the world. Their comprehensive service offerings are used across industries and require diversified talent to meet technical challenges. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- In this role, you should have excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture.
- If you're also passionate about security and data protection, we'd like to meet you.
- Your goal will be to establish network solutions that cater to customer disaster client/business continuity needs.
- The successful Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for providing network support services to both client internally and its customers.
- The candidate will be representing client and must be comfortable communicating directly with customers.
- Network Infrastructure:
- Design, deploy and maintain functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
- Solid understanding of dark fiber transport and DWDM technology and equipment.
- oFamiliarity with Tier 1 service providers, circuits, terminology.
- Network Administration:
- Administration of a variety of network equipment including but not limited to
- Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Palo Alto firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
- Cisco network routers
- Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
- Dell switches
- Alcatel OMNISWITCH switches
- Aruba wireless systems
- DWDM/Layer 1 equipment
- Load Balancers
- Extensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge & experience (including virtualized infrastructure).
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues.
- Monitor, tune and optimize network performance and integrity.
- Ensure security updates and software patches applied in a timely manner.
- Conduct routine network capacity, performance and scaling analysis & planning.
- Automate routine tasks and monitor effectiveness.
- Develop, validate and maintain documentation.
- Participate in team on-call rotation.
- Participate and lead team project initiatives to update architecture, perform fleet upgrades, drive new data center builds & expansions, add new technology, etc.
- Mentor junior team members on technologies, process and leadership.
- Lead and supervise as directed by management.
- Security Administration:
- Hands on experience in production security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Create, oversee and test security measures.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Solid understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Customer DR Test Support:
- Active participation in customer pre-test planning meetings.
- Close coordination with other internal teams (Cloud, Mainframe, Power Systems, Hosting, Test Management, etc.) in preparation of events.
- Setup and teardown of network infrastructures for customer Disaster client exercises.
- Provide technical support during customer exercises. Ability to work pre-scheduled alternate shifts to accommodate customer testing.
- Pre-sales/Sales Support for Network:
- Customer facing role in pre-sales discussions with potential customers.
- Possess familiarity with industry replication and backup solutions, software and technologies as they pertain to Network.
- Maintain close consultation with Sales team for Network solution.
- Perform requirements gathering for Network solution.
- Coordination with other internal teams (Cloud, Mainframe, Power Systems, Hosting, etc.) in solution development.
- Conduct research and provide product solution identification, sizing and specifications based on customer requirements.
- Define network delivery scope and development.
- Develop Visio network solution diagramming.
- Ability to present/explain network solution & process to technical and non-technical consumers.
- Customer Onboarding:
- Participate in customer onboarding meetings; cross-functional coordination with other internal teams.
- Equipment procurement, setup and deployment based on customer contracted requirements.
- Coordination with Customer Network team identifying detail requirements to establish connectivity to RPS facility (RPS provided Internet; customer provided dedicated P2P circuit, RPS provided dark fiber solution, etc.).
- Testing, troubleshooting and validating connectivity and solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8-12 years proven industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Senior Network Administrator
- Professional Certification (CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE, etc.)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (BGB, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. Solarwinds, network tools, Netflow, Wireshark, iPerf, etc.)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JUNOS, PAN OS)
- IPv4 and IPv6 experience; DNS configuration and administration
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Team player and contributor
- Possess solid problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities to meet tactical business objectives in a dynamic environment
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- Effective communicator orally and in writing – essential skill for this customer facing role
- Additional experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Fiber Channel infrastructure and switch configuration
- Cloud environment
- Cisco ACI/SDN technologies
- Data center
- Knowledge of any coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
- Experience with FedRAMP environment
- Experience with VoIP systems
- Position requires BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Technical certifications such as CCNA or better in Cisco Data Center is a plus.
- CCNP in Routing and Switching or Security are preferred but CCNA Routing and Switching is acceptable with demonstrated experience.
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
If interested, you may contact:
Lester Candilado | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.