Senior Network Administrator
Senior Network Administrator
Job Number: 21-10082
Job Number: 21-10082
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for a Senior Network Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a global private equity firm that provides unique opportunities for value to its wide slate of investors. In a highly competitive industry, they are poised for success and create a work environment where you can thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Network Administrator will manage network infrastructure to ensure stable operation of enterprise data and telecomm networks and services.
- Design, deploy, maintain, operate and optimize enterprise network services and related technology assets.
- Support an existing Network team of 2 individuals currently, and a telecommunications team of 2.
- Additionally, individual will also have primary responsibility for managing relationship with outsourced datacenter colocation & managed services provider.
- Develop network architecture to address local (LAN) and wide area (WAN) data network needs.
- Design, configure and deploy LAN and WAN network connections, hardware, software and communication links and services.
- Optimize network systems and services.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues, analyze utilization and provide capacity planning solutions.
- Coordinate with data network solution providers to design enterprise network topology, routing and service levels.
- Ensure the stable operation of the enterprise data network infrastructure. Install, configure, maintain, support and optimize network hardware, software and communication links.
- Coordinate with network service providers to ensure network availability and service levels.
- Analyze and resolve network related problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Set monitoring policies, implement appropriate alerts, & write runbooks across the network platform
- Follow Incident and Problem Management protocols. Track major incidents to root cause and document.
- Produce regular WAN Capacity Management metrics/reports, to an existing standard.
- Design and implement plans to ensure network capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Assist implementation teams in engineering network solutions for new projects
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory documentation
- Coordinate installation of network and telecomm hardware and software across the enterprise
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services and standards
- Assess, approve and administer network and telecomm equipment and software upgrades & patching
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of network equipment including routers, switches, hubs, etc.
- Ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer user accounts, permissions and network access rights
- Plan, design and deploy wireless local area networks (WLANs) across the organization.
- Oversee the installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, support and optimization of WLAN hardware and software infrastructure and related services.
- Analyze and resolve WLAN hardware, software and service problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors and service providers to procure network products and services
- Develop, maintain and test network disaster recovery plans
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of network documentation for data, voice and video systems
- Serve as primary relationship manager to firm's outsourced datacenter provider
- Requires 2-4 years’ experience in the following products
- Cisco Catalyst & Nexus
- Cisco Unified Wireless (i.e. Client, Prime Infrastructure)
- F5 Big-IP (Multiple products)
- Wan Optimizer, i.e. Riverbed
- Basic QOS knowledge and experience with Avaya
- Microsoft & Linux Operating Systems
- Previous monitoring & alerting setup experience including Solarwinds Orion and Netflow Arbor experience a plus
- Will require occasional off-hours & weekend support & occasional travel to Purchase, NY
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience managing datacenter or datacenter providers
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Tony Viterbo | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.