Senior Laboratory Animal Technician
Work for a global healthcare leader. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Laboratory Animal Technician for our client located in Redwood City, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a leader in the Biopharmaceutical Industry, providing quality, innovative, and affordable medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients all over the world. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Performs routine and some non-routine work required for the care of laboratory animals.
- Assists in providing health care for laboratory animals and restraint of animals for veterinary staff and research personnel.
- Identifies and recommends changes in procedures which may improve productivity and animal welfare.
- Provides proper feed and clean caging to laboratory animals and checks drinking water system in assigned areas/rooms daily.
- Accurately and consistently completes room logs, other forms, and records applicable to position on prescribed schedule. Evaluates the health & wellbeing of animals and reports any abnormalities/concerns.
- Monitors environmental parameters, condition of animal rooms and equipment in rooms, and proper functioning of mechanical systems (e.g., HVAC, lighting, automatic drinking water system) in assigned areas/rooms daily.
- Operates cage washers, autoclaves, and other equipment as assigned. Initiates and performs equipment repair and maintenance tasks.
- Participates in training and education programs as requested. May assist in orienting and training new VS staff.
- Follows operational procedures in the performance of daily tasks, and works cooperatively with other employees and other departments to achieve individual, department, and divisional goals.
- Additional responsibilities may include, but are not limited to carrying out various procedures such as collecting tissue samples, collecting data for routine operations, assisting in rodent breeding colony activities, conducting environmental and/or biological testing.
- In coordination with supervisor, assists with writing new or revised procedures.
- May assist in coordinating schedules of animal care activities on weekends and holidays to include caging and equipment requirements for assigned area(s).
- Tracks inventory and reports supply needs for assigned areas to appropriate personnel.
- May receive, distribute, and store items according to SOPs.
- Individual must be a High School graduate or GED
- Individual must have AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT). Individuals who have appropriate experience but no AALAS certification must obtain LAT certification within 6 months of employment.
- An Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degree is preferred.
- Individual must have 3-4 years of relevant experience.
- Individual will have demonstrated physical stamina and dexterity needed to handle laboratory animals, including species that may be difficult to work with, and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Skilled in using computer applications and mobile devices typically required in the VS department.
If interested, you may send your resume to:
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status..