Senior IT System Engineering Analyst
Senior IT System Engineering Analyst
Job Number: 20-02084
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Senior IT System Engineering Analyst for our client in Charlotte, NC.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Role will establish an IT System Resiliency and Service Operational Risk Assessment program, maintain needed planning and monthly reporting for activities in progress and completed. Resiliency is focused on up-time rather than recovery time.
- The senior IT System Engineering Consultant provides deep subject matter expertise (SME) focused on ensuring and improving technology services resiliency (the practice of planning for infrastructure up-time supported by architecture that continues to operate when a component fails) and mitigating operational risk associated with externally hosted IT services.
- As a SME and senior consultant to internal technology and business groups, she or he will create solid written business cases, and deliver presentations that will convince service providers of the need for the Resiliency Review; and subsequently propose solutions and improvements identified, and all that is needed to garner agreement for implementing such by senior leaders.
- The consultant will assess and analyze broad IT system resiliency architecture and designs, and identify non-functional operational and business risks associated with 3rd party services connectivity in support of IT System's High-Availability, Stability, Resiliency, and Disaster Recovery capabilities.
- She or he will liaison business, technical organizations, and vendors, independently providing IT consultation services by planning, conducting and overseeing resiliency fail-over activities.
- 2-3 years of IT System's Operational Risk Assessment experience
- 2-5 years IT systems consulting experience
- Vendor Performance Management: Ability to prepare, document, and deliver required reporting and administrative activities to ensure 3rd party service performance and resiliency capabilities meet contractual SLAs and are aligned to ITSM operational processes
- ITSM Change and Problem Management Experience: Independently lead, facilitate, and manage teleconference meetings involving a large number of participants outside of your group to perform needed Change, Problem Management, and Risk Assessment activities
- BS degree (Preferred: Engineering, Technology, or Computer Science)
- 5-7 years of IT systems consulting experience
- Prior experience writing business cases for management interpretation and action
- Familiarity with High-Availability designs of enterprise IT systems and networks
- Proven ability to establish, lead, and document IT System Resiliency Certification
- Ability to precisely identify Root Cause (RC), Operational Risk gaps and opportunities, and the necessary follow up activities needed to mitigate; documented as needed in Remedy SOR
- Exceptional listening skills: essential for navigating and driving desired outcomes across a large, multi-disciplined technology and business organization within prescribed time frames
- Superior verbal and written communication skills: Must be demonstrated (beginning with the resume and during interviews) to establish the capability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a large, multi-disciplined technology and business organization, required to influence decision makers, and win trust using people skills and deep technology knowledge
- Leading individuals outside your group: Strong inter-personal, influencing, negotiating, consensus building, and conflict resolution skills are crucial
- Mature self-starter able to multi-task in a fast paced environment with minimal direction and manage competing priorities under tight deadlines while maintaining necessary processes, controls and procedures that ensure accuracy and integrity in reporting into needed multiple SORs
- Adept at decomposing complex technology and/or process problems into well organized, logical and detailed descriptions that succinctly highlight critical issues and will facilitate problem solving
- Attention to detail and effective skills for driving Problem Management disciplines to achieve desired outcomes
- Working knowledge and experience of ITIL processes
- Professional level of etiquette in high pressure situations
- Proven success building internal and external relationships with vendors and business partners
- Knowledge of IT system administration best practices, monitoring (at all 7 layers), Internet network technologies and information security related technologies (DMZs, Proxies, Load Balancers, Firewalls) and operating systems (VMWare/ Oracle RAC, DBMS, Clusters, JVMs) as the role will require expertise analyzing IT system designs for resiliency, DR capabilities
If interested, you may contact:
Patty Cabalar | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.