Senior IT Engineer
Senior IT Engineer
Job Number: 19-06976
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Senior IT Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Sr. IT Engineer position is an individual contributor role and part of the IT Engineering & Operations group responsible for the architecture, design, implementation and project management of the company's internal and cloud-based infrastructure. Key focus areas of the position include:
- Continuous Innovation: Continually look at emerging technologies and assess whether they are the right fit for the company, with emphasis on creating cost savings and/or value-creation opportunities;
- Technical Design: Design new hardware, software and network solutions based on the requirements and feedback of the business stakeholders. Redesign or refresh existing solutions to realign and meet our everchanging business needs. Prepare and maintain architectural and design documentation of the company's infrastructure, both internal and cloud based.
- Project Management: Owns IT Engineering projects and ensures that the solutions are delivered in a timely manner within the resource, budgetary and timeframe requirements.
- Implementation: Ensure that the implementation of new solutions or the implementation of redesigned existing solutions is done in a quality way, work hand-in-hand with vendors and other internal departments.
- Level 3 Technical Support: Provide advanced subject matter expertise and level 3 support services to the IT Operations teams.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships and work with vendors to escalate complex issues when appropriate; evaluation of vendor/supplier proposals.
- Capacity Planning: Ensure capacity planning is reviewed on a regular basis in conjunction with other stakeholders. Coordinate and work collaboratively with other departments in order to understand and meet business requirements.
- Budgeting & Forecasting Support: Contribute to budgetary requirements for new solutions or existing solution upgrades/replacements.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity: Contribute to business continuity and disaster recovery (DR) plans and initiates routine review and testing of DR plans.
- Hard Skills ex. Coding languages, GDS systems etc.
- Virtualization (Hyper-V preferred, VMWare)
- Windows Server/Linux
- Automation (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- SME troubleshooting skills
- Capacity planning
- Architecture/designing data center grade solutions
- Project management & delivery
- Strong overall knowledge of infrastructure technologies, networking and cloud-based services
- Experience with high availability, high transaction volume technical environments; familiarity with online retail/commerce technology stacks.
- Graduate/ IT Diploma with minimum of 10 years of in-depth infrastructure experience
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in leading IT teams
- Minimum 5 years of leading projects
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jeanine Hastings | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary