Senior Hadoop Admin
Senior Hadoop Admin
Job Number: 19-06082
Eclaro is looking for a Senior Hadoop Admin for our client in Columbus, OH.
Eclaro’s client is a major technology firm with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop infrastructure and upgrade to HDP3.
- Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes - Node management
- Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop MapReduce routines.
- Access Management - Working with data delivery teams to setup new Hadoop roles / users and provisioning the same.
- Screen Hadoop cluster job performances and capacity planning
- Monitor Hadoop cluster connectivity and security
- Manage and review Hadoop log files.
- File system / HDFS support and maintenance.
- Diligently teaming with the infrastructure, network, database, application and business intelligence teams to guarantee high data quality and availability.
- Collaborating with application teams to install operating system and Hadoop updates, patches, version upgrades as required.
- Point of Contact for Vendor escalation.
- Training and coaching other team members
- The administrator should have in-depth knowledge and hands on experience of at least 5+ years in Hadoop administration, installation, configuration, upgrade, monitoring and troubleshooting of Hadoop services.
- The administrator should have strong understanding of Hadoop eco system such as HDFS, Yarn, MapReduce and data ingestion concepts.
- Need to have experience setting up and administration of hadoop clusters.
- Deep understanding and experience with Horton Works or Cloudera Hadoop stack is required.
- Need to have substantial expertise and experience with Hive, Hbase, Storm, Flume, Spark and kafka required.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, spark, Java, R & Python Packages is desired (nice to have).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to work in a team environment under limited supervision is needed.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, please contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.